Winding own air core inductor

Hello,

I have my own winding machine and lot of motor wire.

Problem: There was a DOS based program available on net which calculates the no of turns of wires required to be winderd over a core of both round as well as RECTANGULAR.

I am looking for that program or " mathematical formula" to calculate wire turns for RECTANGULAR CORE ( bobbin) ONLY, means the core which is used in E I type X formers

Plz help me with formula or program Rgds

Himanshu snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com

Reply to
yeshu26

"yeshu26"

** This calculator should get you close if you modify the diameter figures give the same area as your rectangular bobbin.

Reply to
Phil Allison

You might be able to pull the desired fromulae from the source code you can find here:

Greg Neill