Re: Government at its finest

>Last year the AZ Legislature raised the minimum wage by 34% > >Just announced: > >This past summer had the worst Arizona teenage unemployment figures on >record... > >UP 28% > >Duh! > > ...Jim Thompson

The market always wins.

John

Always!

Most businesses in the US are small sub-S family corporations... taxed at the owner's individual tax rate.

So Obama's tax the "rich" will result in layoff's and severe recession :-(

...Jim Thompson

  What\'s the difference between a horse\'s ass and Barack Obama?
                            Lipstick!

To John's remark: "The market always wins"

Amen!

Tom Freidman was on Charlie Rose the other night and somethimg about " .. the government has to shape the market for green ideas etc"

What a pinhead!

Dave

Reply to
onyx3026

Scarier is a revival of big-time inheritance taxes, the sure way to kill small businesses and farms. SOX made it difficult to impossible for medium-sized businesses to go public, so the inheritance taxes will finish them off.

If you hate wealth enough, you'll find ways to destroy it.

John

"It" didn't "win." "It" responded in a predictable way. What would happen if a myriad of government interferences happened at the "right" time and under the "right" conditions?

We dare not call "it" a guvmint inspired boom/bust cycle, because that would be placing the blame where it belongs.

Reply to
Simon S Aysdie

=A0 =A0 =A0...Jim Thompson

=A0 =A0...Jim Thompson

The Republican approach is to love wealth a little too much - if they left a little more of it with their workers and customers they'd end up richer, which is why the US economy does better under the Democrats.

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
bill.sloman

Pigs would fly.

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Richard The Dreaded Libertaria

And you would be the lead pig, lipstick and all.

aioe.org, Goggle Groups, and Web TV users must request to be white listed, or I will not see your messages.

If you have broadband, your ISP may have a NNTP news server included in your account:

There are two kinds of people on this earth: The crazy, and the insane. The first sign of insanity is denying that you're crazy.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell