What are you doing about it?

--
 Thanks,
    - Win
Reply to
Winfield Hill
[snip]

That's my rule, too. I tolerate everyone, PROVIDED they don't try to impose their beliefs on me, harm me, or proselytize. Otherwise I consider any form of nastiness a proper response ;-)

...Jim Thompson

Humbug. The early Xians suppressed and lost almost everything that was known, and if it hadn't been for the Muslim world preserving and extending it we would have had to start from virtual savages. Not just science, but art, architecture and law also... They weren't called the Dark Ages for nothing!

When the great library at Toledo was opened after the Xians tossed the Moors out of Spain, we couldn't even read the Latin, as more than half the words and even the concepts behind them had been lost. It took two centuries of study before we were able to really start to reincorporate Roman and Greek learning into our Western culture.

Clifford Heath.

Reply to
Clifford Heath

Personal experience.

John

TV doesn't present, I suspect, statistically accurate profiles. TV does manufacture controversy to sell toothpaste.

John

I read in sci.electronics.design that Clifford Heath wrote (in ) about 'failure', on Sun, 25 Sep 2005:

What do you mean 'once again'? I've not responded to any of your posts before that one.

No, I've written nothing that would justify you assumption.

What if it isn't? That's exactly what cosmogonists are trying to answer.

We don't know.

What is 'desperately improbable' about it? The Bayesian probability is

1, after all.

I don't have any fearful emotions, and I don't subscribe to predestination. What should you assume that I do?

Why should I believe your simple Assertion by Mere Authority that it's irrelevant and unanswerable?

John Woodgate

For most AZ school districts where the idea has come up it's been denied.

There are some cases where a few districts (fundamentalist Mormons) allowed it into the curriculum, but they went immediately to litigation.

I doubt if any such curriculum will be adopted here in AZ.

In addition we finally now have an AG (as well as one in Utah) with the testicular fortitude to go after the fundamentalist Mormon crazies in Colorado City (bigamist, teenage marriages to 40+ year-old church "leaders", etc.). There's an arrest warrant out for the chief proponent, and the operation of the school districts has been seized by the state to stop asset conversion to private hands (which includes a private jet ;-)

...Jim Thompson

I read in sci.electronics.design that John Larkin wrote (in ) about 'failure', on Sun,

25 Sep 2005:

That describes BMWs here in south of UK. I still want to know what the fish-Darwin thing is.

John Woodgate

I read in sci.electronics.design that John Larkin wrote (in ) about 'failure', on Sun,

25 Sep 2005:

Thanks. What a lot we miss in lil'ol UK.(;-)

John Woodgate

I read in sci.electronics.design that Clifford Heath wrote (in ) about 'failure', on Sun, 25 Sep 2005:

No, you asserted by your own authority. That's why it's called 'mere'; I didn't invent the term. It refers to 'It's so because I say it's so.'

John Woodgate

My favorite way (and to tweak the lefties' sensibilities) is to just shoot the SOB's (and the apostrophe police are next :)

...Jim Thompson

No, but do the math. If a significant fraction of Muslims were suicide bombers, we'd soon run out of Muslims.

John

Preaching, of course.

But I thought I was agreeing with you.

John

I wasn't discussing disbelief, but hostility.

John

Nature provides that - survival.

--
Dirk

The Consensus:-
http://www.theconsensus.org
Reply to
Dirk Bruere at Neopax

Not really. I've seen plenty of fish symbols on cars here. Anyway, I prefer the apocryphal Heathen bumber sticker: "Odin almost died for you!"

--
Dirk

The Consensus:-
http://www.theconsensus.org
Reply to
Dirk Bruere at Neopax

--
Hmmm...

I can\'t really tell whether I\'m being chided for being a rotten
designer because you think I nurture prejudices or whether you\'re
doing a little preaching to the choir... :-)
Reply to
John Fields

I read in sci.electronics.design that John Larkin wrote (in ) about 'failure', on Sun,

25 Sep 2005:

As accepted by very many people who profess a religion. After all, the things they don't agree with are utterly wrong, and almost certainly evil, so why not scorn them?

John Woodgate

I read in sci.electronics.design that John Fields wrote (in ) about 'failure', on Sun,

25 Sep 2005:

If an appendectomy is removal of the appendix, which is a dichotomy?

John Woodgate

"Anybody who isn't frightened by quantum mechanics hasn't studied it enough."

Who said that?

John