failure

Which 'home' is that ?

Are you going to indulge in the 'send them back to Pakistan' argument ? Too late. Many were born here and are our citizens.

'not be'. You want to exterminate them like Hitler did with the Jews ?

You seem to be unaware that Israelis kill Arabs as well. The Israelis are far better kitted out for it ( courtesy of the USA ) too. That's why Moslems hate the USA !

Don't Moslems have a right to self-preservation too ?

Need I mention that Gaza ( before the pull-out ) and the West Bank are

*occupied* territories !

Got it now ?

Btw. I used to be pro-Israel until they started 'lording it' over the Arabs.

Graham

Reply to
Pooh Bear

I really don't know where you get your ideas from. I'm pretty politically aware and I've heard nothing of about a growing anti-Jewish feeling. I suspect your source of info is bogus.

Where do you live ? That might hold a clue.

The only 'bastards' btw were German fascists.

The immigration issue is quite another matter. Britain is currently being flooded with eastern europeans looking for well paid ( by their standards ) menial jobs that no-one here can afford to take.

There's been a large Moslem community here for ages. What bugs me is that they

*choose* to be different and simply aren't interested in integrating into our society. This may simply be because Moslem teaching isn't very compatible with western norms. Sooner or later, something will have to 'give'. I have my own views on this based on experience.

As part of the EU, our control is now limited.

I do suspect that immigration is likely to become a new 'hot topic' though after years of being simply a far right-wing interest.

Graham

Reply to
Pooh Bear

than to

I wouldn't even want to get into that argument that's currently ripping Iraq apart.

Why not ask him who he feels he owes allegiance to ?

Graham

Reply to
Pooh Bear

than to

apart.

Chuckle ! ;-)

Graham

Reply to
Pooh Bear

[snip]

I should have been more specific... I'm only intolerant of ignorant pontificators ;-)

...Jim Thompson

And that is a good reminder that current day religion's organizations are more concerned with security and power than with religion.

Reply to
Don Bowey

Only the parody version does.

Saabs are great cars, between fires.

John

Religion is often just a surrogate for other group distinctions. The Irish catholics and protestants wouldn't be at odds if they were all native Irish.

John

My language was careless. I didn't mean that the persons shouldn't be tolerated (they have of course, every right to think what they like), but that anti-reasonable ideas should be decried. Mere unreason (speculation) is not a problem, but anti-reason is.

What an irrelevant comment - but I guess my slip invited it. Partial knowledge in this case has given way to better knowledge, so it's valid to laugh at flat-earthers now - just as the ID folk deserve to be laughed at.

Human flight didn't seem possible - yet birds fly, so it was obviously possible. Converting matter into energy didn't seem possible, yet obviously something enormous was powering the stars. And so for every field of scientific knowledge - there is a phenomenon that, when able to be investigated, yields up some answer.

Religious "knowledge" isn't like that. It actively evades inquiry.

Of course I expect my ideas to be criticised. And I have no problem with speculation either, as long as no-one tries to promulgate a moral code that's completely baseless, or that discourages inquiry.

In regard to an ultimate moral direction, the fact of existence of science is more relevant that anything science can say.

Huh? If I didn't want comment on my beliefs, why would I have expressed them?

You've got me totally wrong here. I'm advocating defense of diverse ways of thought. The idea of such defence is a little strange, but not inconsistent. I'm also advocating reasonable consideration of those thoughts, and the right to scorn ideas that don't support the right to use reason. I didn't however advocate suppression at any point, IIRC.

Clifford.

Reply to
Clifford Heath

John! Keep your eyes open when you're driving! The place is swarming with them. The Boy got me the fish-with-legs last Christmas, so they've been round here for a while too. Someone tell the Usaians that the Volvo is a staid family car here, and quite likely to have the holy fish on it.

Paul Burke

Reply to
Paul Burke

There are reports of Buddhist crowds participating in the massacres of "communists" in Java (1965/66). And despite what the Dial-a-Lama would have us believe, Tibet was not always paradise-on-earth. I think you'll find that no religion that has actually held power of any sort has clean hands.

Paul Burke

Reply to
Paul Burke

I read in sci.electronics.design that Paul Burke wrote (in ) about 'failure', on Mon, 26 Sep

2005:

Maybe they are largely extinct in Essex.

John Woodgate

I read in sci.electronics.design that John Larkin wrote (in ) about 'failure', on Sun,

25 Sep 2005:

There is no point in hating religion; it doesn't mind being hated. But you might hate what it does, in the London Underground, the north of Ireland, Madrid, Palestine, Iraq, Kashmir, New York ....

John Woodgate

I read in sci.electronics.design that Pooh Bear wrote (in ) about 'failure', on Mon, 26 Sep 2005:

I don't think that in any way exclusive to Muslims. How do Christians feel about Christians being killed in Iraq? Or in Beirut in past years?

John Woodgate

I read in sci.electronics.design that John Larkin wrote (in ) about 'failure', on Sun,

25 Sep 2005:

Just like Protestants and Roman Catholics in the north of Ireland. It's practically a law - the more trivial the schism, the deeper the hatred.

John Woodgate

I read in sci.electronics.design that keith wrote (in ) about 'failure', on Sun, 25 Sep 2005:

Why settle for half-measures? Stand out for COMPLETE tism!

[snip]

There ARE Sikh extremists, and they DO nasty things in India from time to time. They also blew up an Air India airliner in flight some years ago. Google gives a lot of hits for 'Sikh extremist', such as:

.html

John Woodgate

Tacoma Narrows Bridge... my favorite bridge... MIT used to show its demise as a cartoon feature at the Kresge Friday/Saturday movies ;-)

...Jim Thompson

I read in sci.electronics.design that Pooh Bear wrote (in ) about 'failure', on Mon, 26 Sep 2005:

But one that will be denied. Training for the priesthood usually involves being given deeper insights, but the insights themselves are heavily censored so as not to rock the sacred boat.

John Woodgate

I read in sci.electronics.design that David Brown wrote (in ) about 'failure', on Mon, 26 Sep 2005:

No, it's the ROOT CAUSE of it. The traditionally underprivileged nationalists were underprivileged because they were Roman Catholics, not because they were Irish. Irish Protestants were well-treated; many went to England and made their fortunes.

John Woodgate

I read in sci.electronics.design that Pooh Bear wrote (in ) about 'failure', on Mon, 26 Sep 2005:

It isn't sensible to treat Jim's throw-away comment as if it was serious.

John Woodgate