failure

Try this, quickly: type "failure" into Google search box.

--
 Thanks,
    - Win

Win, You just have to keep it going don't you?

But you're still a blue-nosed bigot ;-)

...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

I wonder if you can have a blue nose and a red neck?

------------- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
bill.sloman

Somebody at Google is a winger -- and I don't mean a _right_ winger.

--
Tim Wescott
Wescott Design Services
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Tim Wescott

My gramma called 'em "dirtbags" ;-)

...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

Right wingers? Or wingers in general?

I don't have much respect for anyone who's going to shut down half their brain for the sake of their political (or religious) beliefs -- I find both right- and left-wing extremists uncomfortable, scary (if they're in power) and pitiful.

--
Tim Wescott
Wescott Design Services
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Tim Wescott

That's what Win needs, a red neck to go with his blue nose ;-)

...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

I thought it was funny - too bad the far right-wing types don't have any sense of humor. As for claims this is just a Google Easter Egg, a bit of left-wing computer programming: I doubt it, a person could get fired for that. Or maybe worse, if it came out.

--
 Thanks,
    - Win

You agree with Tim's search-engine explanation?

--
 Thanks,
    - Win

I have little doubt that 3e AoE will have a chapter of anti-Bush tirades, and occasional political cartoons interspersed with the "Bad Circuits."

John

Google rankings can be manipulated from outside, with the right metatags and a few cooperative cross-links. There's an entire

*industry* based on manipulating Google.

Seems to me that the funniest and most insightful columists are righties - Coulter, Will, Krauthammer - and the most dour and nasty are lefties - Ivins, Conason, the entire staff of the New York Times. The righties make fun of liberals, and the lefties rage at conservatives. There's definitely something going on here.

Is there anybody on the left with the command of language and insight of George Will?

John

Dear me. A little more doubt might be in order.

Win may not be pro-Bush, but he doesn't go in for tirades - the dictionary defintion is

"A long angry speech; a violent denunciation; a prolonged outburst full of censure or abuse."

And I think you will have trouble finding anything from Win that would remotely qualify.

------------ Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
bill.sloman

Noam Chomsky? You certainly won't like his insights, but you can't argue with his command of language - he is the Charles Darwin of linguistics and psycholinguistics, though some would claim that he was closer to Linus Pauling, who always got it almost right.

------------ Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
bill.sloman

Oh, gaaaawd! Jeb Bush next time around!? But wait, the rule is the Dems get it for 8 years between each new Bush.

--
 Thanks,
    - Win

Be fair, Dubbya has yet to throw up over the Japanese prime minister at a state dinner - that didn't do his dad much good.

It seems a bit unfair that a minor miscalculation about how bad one's jet lag actually is counts for more with the US electorate than a major miscalculation about who's got weapons of mass destruction, but vomiting at a formal banquet is definitely more photogenic.

------------------- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
bill.sloman

Chomsky, in addition to making no sense, or rather reverse sense, is stunningly boring. He's not fit to polish George Will's shoes, not that I think he has sufficient skill to accomplish anything as useful as that.

John

"Linus Pauling, who always got it almost right"

Bwahahahahahaha!

Crazy Linus ?:-)

...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

Not at all. What topic is most associated with the word failure? What did you expect it to be?

--
Dirk

The Consensus:-
 Click to see the full signature