Experiments with WWVB

-- Many thanks,

Don Lancaster voice phone: (928)428-4073 Synergetics 3860 West First Street Box 809 Thatcher, AZ 85552 rss:

email: snipped-for-privacy@tinaja.com

Please visit my GURU's LAIR web site at

Don Lancaster

The La Crosse I have

Picks up WWVB quite often. Even tho its in a brick building/metal roof and Mylar reflective coatings on the windows. My phone doesnt even get a signal. You need to set the time initially because it does check to sync to WWVB around midnight.

Plus the girl strips down to a bikini around 78 degrees ;)D

Martin Riddle

I used what you call the "traditional loop antenna", instead of ferrites. I found that unshielded antennas have no rejection of the E-field crap from fluorescent lighting.

Plus synchronous demodulation derived from a PLL makes all the difference in the world. ...Jim Thompson

Will it work with the new WWVB format?

Reply to
tm

"In the second of the two formats, based on PM, which has been in use since October 29, 2012, binary-phase-shift-keying (BPSK) modulation is used, wherein the carrier's phase is unaffected when conveying a "0", and is inverted (i.e. 180-degree shifted) when conveying "1". This time code, also operating at a rate of 1 bit/sec, is delayed by 0.1s with respect to the first time code described above, such that 180-degree transitions in the carrier phase can only occur 0.1s after the 17dB power reduction that is created by the pulse-width-modulation. The data content, physical properties and scheduling features of this BPSK time code may be found here:

Enhanced WWVB Broadcast Format "

Reply to
tm