Ever heard of heat pollution?

lol I thought you meant "convictions" metaphorically! :)

--

John Devereux
Reply to

I consider the evidence at face value. If the important part of Rossi's contraption is "secret", how could anyone claim to have duplicated the results?

You ignore the early days of cold fusion when many reported excess heat generation only to find they were wrong. You also ignore the facts about Rossi's demonstrations where many have explained exactly what Rossi was doing wrong to report numbers above the likely real output of his contraption. In other words, you don't examine any of this critically.

Eventually you may understand... or when Rossi is convicted of fraud and investment improprieties you may suggest (as he has done himself) that "big oil", "the chemical companies" or just "big government" wants to shut him down and bury his ideas.

The reality is that if there were *anything* at all about his ideas that even had a tiny chance of being real, the big energy companies would be giving him tons of money to advance the science and so they would own a huge chunk of it. Then they could forget all the billions of dollars they have to spend every year to search for oil and stop paying for insurance to cover the environmental disasters their industry creates and simply manufacture the easy to build units that will power the world. Why would they not want to be on top of that?

But no one is taking any of this seriously because it is nothing to be taken seriously. If there really are three people in the world producing power by cold fusion, you would expect there to be six next month and twelve in two months and so on. Rather, people look at all the negative results and the secrecy behind anyone who makes claims of success and sees it as the scam it is.

--

Rick
Reply to

I really don't want to get into a flaming debate about Rossie being a fraud however, I will bring to you and eveyone else attention that something I noticed in one of his demostrations videoes when he grabbed his DMM to display readings for those watching.

He had an exact DMM sold by HarborFreight over here:

Although for the price that meter isn't so bad, it works and great for a throw around meter in the car etc however!!!!!!!

The AC voltage measureing function will read Peak voltage, not RMS or average if the AC is not clean or has saturation curves in it. Using this DMM to test my Honda Generate tells me it is doing ~158VAC, I know it is not. If I put the scope on the generator I can see the stair casing from the regulator, because the alternator is a current device and such does not produce such a nice sinewave with little load.

Put this DMM on a nice sinewave and it does correctly read the value.

In otherwords, it is not a true RMS meter by any means.

I can use just about any other DMM I have, specially the flukes etc, and I get the same (correct) readings eitherway.

So if he were to use this DMM to measure AC current, it's very possible the circuit is using the AC voltage detection, not sure there. But if that is the case, it too will also over report current.

Just something to think about..

Jamie

Reply to
M Philbrook

Waiting is fine. Believing is the problem. It won't be too much longer before he is put in prison. It depends on what he has been selling and the actual claims he is making. The last I saw, the machine he installed someplace was not operating in conjunction with the customer's equipment. In other words, it was still behind a fence and controlled completely by him. Notice he makes claims, but never offers to let anyone examine his work in any detail. If he has equipment on a customer's site you would expect he was ready to patent the "secret sauce", but that still has not happened.

As to the time period, remember that Piltdown Man was perpetrated for over 40 years.

--

Rick
Reply to

I can only add, the ongoing debate about AC measurement could be quashed, if someone would use DC for power. Mikek

Reply to
amdx

Any yet, Rossi continues to do such poor science that no one can believe his results.

--

Rick
Reply to