Ever heard of this...

Just got a flyer from American Express stating that if I charge the $100 application fee for "Global Entry" (*) to my Platinum Card, they will give me a $100 credit.

(*) "Global Entry is a U.S. government program that allows expedited customs and immigration clearance at most U.S. airports for pre-approved travelers returning from international travel."

Wonder if that applies to Tea Party Members or "Patriots" ?:-)

Also, in case you don't follow the news, the IRS broad, Lois Lerner, is going to plead the Fifth in tomorrow's Congressional hearings. Amazing how these filth take advantage of the Constitution when it's to their advantage, but abuse it when coming after us mere citizens. ...Jim Thompson

Hopefully the judge will hold all of them in contempt. Have you ever met any tax collector type that wasn't full of contempt?

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Not saying she's right, but I understand why she would invoke the Fifth. W hen the first questions put to you are why did you lie about such-and-such four years ago, etc..., (which has nothing to do with the instant circumsta nce), it's pretty clear to me Congress is on a witch hunt. Why play their game?

Besides - deep down... I don't trust the Congress any more than you do, or perhaps Lois does. Screw them. I would take the Fifth also -- even with nothing to hide. Let 's see how willing they are to grant immunity if they truly want answers. My guess is it's too good of theater to smear Obama (or try to), so I'm fai rly confidant they don't give a damn about Lois' answers anyway. She's a p awn.

But you know what really pisses me off is this whole political correctness bullshit. Everyone knows those 501c4's inject unfair bias into the electio ns. Why give them tax shelter? The IRS should tell the Supreme Court to s hove it. Citizens United is the true problem here.. not Lois. (respectful ly submitted, your opinions may differ).

Reply to
mpm

No Jim - have not heard of it. But are you saying you can pay $100 to speed up the Government??! No thanks, I'll keep my $100.

I'll have better odds on the lottery. :)

Reply to
mpm

Yup. It's a real pain when those Democratic appointees act just like the Republican ones.

--
Tim Wescott
www.wescottdesign.com

Probably (>:-) ...Jim Thompson

...is she related to Lex Luther??

Reply to
Robert Baer

A pox on both their houses....

Reply to
default

if I charge the $100 application fee for "Global Entry" (*) to my Platinum Card, they will give me a $100 credit. (*) "Global Entry is a U.S. governm ent program that allows expedited customs and immigration clearance at most U.S. airports for pre-approved travelers returning from international trav el." Wonder if that applies to Tea Party Members or "Patriots" ?:-) Also, i n case you don't follow the news, the IRS broad, Lois Lerner, is going to p lead the Fifth in tomorrow's Congressional hearings. Amazing how these filt h take advantage of the Constitution when it's to their advantage, but abus e it when coming after us mere citizens. ...Jim Thompson -- | James E.Thomp son | mens | | Analog Innovations | et | | Analog/Mixed-Signal ASIC's and D iscrete Systems | manus | | Phoenix, Arizona 85048 Skype: Contacts Only | | | Voice:(480)460-2350 Fax: Available upon request | Brass Rat | | E-mail I con at

What. You don't like being profiled?

Reply to
maury001

I suggest pulling a Reagan. Violate US law, commit war crimes and crimes against humanity, but then have a terrible memory.

A: You know, this is awful for me to say but with this lapse of time I don't recall. The names of course are familiar to me and the fact that they served, but I don't recall when such a change was made.

A: I don't actually recall whether that was true or not or whether they made contacts in advance before coming in to see me. I don't know.

A: I can't recall but usually I would think when I did raise that it would be trying to track down is there anything, any way that we can continue until we can get these people back.

A: I don't recall that at all.

A: I don't particularly recall that, no.

A: I don't have a memory of that.

A: No, I don't remember. The only things I really have memories of are down there at the bottom, the 26th, when I depart Washington, D.C. for California. I rode a horse every morning at the ranch and in the afternoon we pruned oak trees.

A: I don't recall that.

A: It does sound like something I might say but I have no memory of it.

Etc etc etc.

Reply to
miso

The Tea Baggers have cost the GOP some easy senate seats. The GOP brass hates the Tea Baggers and similar whack jobs, thus a Republican appointee went after them. It makes perfect sense.

The good news is now the Tea Baggers are all energized and will put more losers on the ballot.

Reply to
miso

Fast setting E-pox-y would be better...

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

While you losers put Wiener on the ticket for mayor?

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

YES! There's no better explanation, and the internal investigation's recommendation of 'more training' makes sense, too: gotta insulate the rank-and-file from the political appointees' maneuverings, and insisting on following written (and easily audited) procedures makes future misdeeds unlikely.

"Training" :== "follow documented procedures" is my impromptu government-ese translation

Reply to
whit3rd

Regan did have Alzheimers - and was showing early symptoms when he was runn ing for his second term - as was noticed by the British psychologist Brian Butterworth, and published in British newspapers at the time.

My theory is that he was a glove puppet, and the people who wrote his lines weren't inconvenienced by his failing memory as long as he could still lea rn his lines. Questioning a glove puppet is never all that useful, even whe n he can remember the lines he was told to memorise.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

I don't live in NYC. His election has no effect on me. On the other hand, Mark Sanford (Mr. MIA on the Appalachian trail) holds national office.

Reply to
miso

John Boener can't control the Tea Baggers. They are a pain in his ass. He would like nothing more than to see them replaced with more reasonable Republicans. Given the Gerrymandering, knocking a Tea Bagger out in the primary will still yield a Republican in the actual election, so the Tea Baggers do not get more Republicans in office. Rather, they just make problems for the rest of the GOP.

Out of the current scandals. spying on the AP is the only one that has any traction. Further, it is one the press actually gives a shit about.

Reply to
miso

Here are two standard defenses to keep your arse out of jail while giving testimony. One is "I don't recall." The other is you start your reply with "If I understand the question......".

The deal is nobody knows what you can recall, so it isn't perjury. Nobody knows what you comprehend, hence you can always say you didn't fully understand the question.

Oliver North had a "recall" problem, and he certainly was of sound mind, so to speak.

miso

Damn! I like your thinking. The obvious metaphorical reference to a government who can't get anything done whilst mired in amber (little poetic license there).

School children of the future could tour the old capital and see politicians encased in resin of their own making.

Reply to
default

Hmm... come to think of it you wouldn't need "fast" setting epoxy. Glaciers move faster than these idiots.

Reply to
default