Billions of air pollution particles found in hearts of city dwellers

And brains too, making people stupid and leading to Alzheimer's. People living in urban California are goners.

Combustion- and friction-derived magnetic air pollution nanoparticles in human hearts

Fred Bloggs

Throughout most of human history, people inhaled a lot of smoke, from indoor fires and candles and gas lamps and such.

Our company is near a freeway, so we installed mega HEPA filters in our HVAC. There is practically no dust on surfaces, which is good because we make clean-room electronics too.

People worried about particulates should install good HVAC filters. And wear a serious full-coverage mask all the time, 24/7; you can't be too careful.

So little time, so much to be afraid of. Being terrified is a full-time job.

And throughout most of human history, people died a lot younger than they might have done without such smoke in their lungs.

Reply to
David Brown

Okay- so you don't see anything absolutely insane about 20th century history, especially in Europe? You think it just "happened."

Reply to
Fred Bloggs

Horrible things happened. I read a lot of history, and it's interesting. But it doesn't make me afraid to live. Or to design electronics. Europe is at peace for the first time in millenia, thanks to Patton and Marshall.

This virus has killed maybe 0.1% of the population of Earth. But that doesn't make me obsess about it.

Actually, worldwide, things keep getting better.

Not that he seems to under stand much fo what he reads.

John Larkin claims to be incapable of feeling fear. He also seems to be incapable of designing electronics, but deludes himself that tinkering with existing circuits until they do the job he wants done constitutes design.

Tell that to former Yugoslavia.

Nor does it stop you articulating loads of silly ideas about how epidemics work. It's all simple person-to-person transmission, but all john Larkin can see are bell curves.

But much better in some places than others. The US has to rely on vaccination to tame the Covid-19 epidemic because they can't make contact tracing and local lock-downs work for them.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to