Has anyone ever heard of transmitting sound over power-line?

"Has anyone ever heard of transmitting sound over power-line? The situation I am running into is where someone is transmitting sound thru powerline and then the device they are using for the output is an HVAC, an A/C device, or a fan."

Profile photo for Charles Foy Charles Foy B. S. in Electric Power, North Dakota (state) (Graduated 1971)Author has 1K answers and 394.4K answer views3y Using PLC for in-the-home controls is possible, but not simple, and it may not have anything thing to do with transmitting sound, per se. Transmitting signals that are below radio frequency (sound) without a carrier is problematic to say the least.

Power Line Carrier (PLC) works like this. Some High Voltage (as in many thousands of volts) power lines are also used for communications ...

Quora - 3 years ago

bruce bowser

"More complicated eavesdropping devices, called parasitic transmitters, can be planted in a power line."

Eavesdropping Becomes Undetectable Washington Post - April 11, 1987 —

bruce bowser

I believe you lose signal when you hit a transformer

Reply to
vjp2.at

I wonder what the newspaper was referring to then?

Reply to
bruce bowser