Editing Gerber files with FAB 3000 -- anyone done this ?

Could some electronics guru please help me on this ? I was wondering if an existing Gerber file can be edited and Googled the topic a bit. I came to know that a tool FAB 3000 does this -- so does anyone have any experience with it. My chief concern is that if I make a change in a Gerber file which is part of a multilayer board, will the tool perform a ERC/DRC ? I read the documentation on the company Web site, but they are not clear about it. I use EagleCAD on a Fedora 18 box. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Reply to
dakupoto

There are several tools written by GraphiCode that have the ability to read and edit Gerber files which I used at my PPOE. I also believe it will do the DRC checking too, don't know about ERC though. They supply a free DL, GCPrevue, which allows one to prevue Gerber before sending it out. Recently, due to a work requirement, I searched for Gerber to Eagle format converters and found some that may have worked on older versions, pre 5.5, on the Eagle website. Sadly I have

6.5. I did look at the Eagle XML format and noticed it was very similar to Gerber, but one would require a suitable script to make a conversion, I don't have the time for that.

Regards, al

Reply to
mickgeyver

Maybe, maybe not. I would like to see what happens if you run the Eagle XML through a standard XML parser. I suspect that you will get proper gerbers, or very close.

?-)

Reply to
josephkk