ECL termination

I want to Make a board that splits ECL signals into two. I want to use MC10EL11:5V ECL 1:2 Differential Fanout Buffer. Reading the datasheet, I got confused. I usually use 100ohm resistors across ECL signals before they go into some receiving device. But I am not sure if these chips (MC10EL11) need such resistors before their inputs. Also, do they need resistors after their outputs and before they leave the board? Any help will be appreciated.

Reply to
Kazumi.Ishii

Thank you for your response. Yes, I am routing differential signals. Let me make sure that I understand correctly. So, I will need a 100ohm resistor between input signals, D and D-bar. I will also need 470ohm resistor between each output to Vee.

Reply to
Kazumi.Ishii

ECL termination can be 470 Ohms into -5.2V, or 50 Ohms into -2V for single signals. You're routing diferential signals ? There is an appnote on Onsemi about ECL termination, AND8020D, recommended.

Rene

Rene Tschaggelar