What causes the X-10 module CM11A to hang?

Hello Folks,

I did ask in c.h.automation but I guess that is a forum more for system users, not so much for people who take stuff apart and investigate like we do here. Google hasn't yielded too many clues either.

Those of you who use X-10 to control house lighting and stuff may have noticed that the little plug-in controller CM11A occasionally hangs. Ours just quits and often needs a power cycle. Sending it a command doesn't always wake it up. Has anyone ever figured out what might cause that?

Regards, Joerg

Joerg

Hi Joerg

hate to say it.... crap software, say that the interrupts didn't get turned on again when they should have been, or something of that ilk

Ok that doesnt help does it!

sorry

martin

Reply to
martin griffith

Hello Martin,

Well, if that's really the case it does help. Since I am not going to learn a new uC just to fix that it would mean the best option for me would be to migrate it to the scrap heap.

Regards, Joerg

Joerg