Doppler Radar

There is a frequency near 10.5 GHz assigned for unlicensed door openers etc. I have a few of the Gunn units that came from door openers.

Bill K7NOM

some stuff snipped

Reply to
Bill Janssen

no offense but:

ramsey's kiit emits all of about 500 microwatts at 1.6 ghz, useless for dogs, but Ok for part 15 radar of cars.

try

Steve Roberts

Reply to
osr

"RST Engineering" schreef in bericht >

No solution at all, I'd guess. JT is full of shit, being the miserable piece of shit that he is.

--
Thanks, Frank.
(remove \'q\' and \'.invalid\' when replying by email)

Good idea, Joerg. Where do I get onesie-twosie IR sensors that will trigger at 3 meters or better?

Jim

Reply to
RST Engineering

Wes...

I'm not a lawyer, nor do I play one on newsgroups. However, having spent a dozen years in the highest public office in this county and sorting this sort of crap out week after week, you have ABSOLUTE control over the easement.

You cannot PROHIBIT transit over the easement, but you can establish "reasonable" controls over passage. A locked gate with "reasonable" access to the keys is OK. A chain that you have to get out of your vehicle to unlock is reasonable. Ten gates with keys may be reasonable or unreasonable, depending on your county judge.

Best wishes, and thanks for your help.

Jim

Reply to
RST Engineering

Because road humps expose you to liability for that sort of stuff...like wheel alignments and the like due to the fact that there is no national or regional standard for "road humps". Trust me, I'm in a court case like this right now and nobody can present evidence for the correct design of "road humps".

Jim

Reply to
RST Engineering

Quite frankly, I don't give a hairy rat's ass for your practical or political opinion. ATFQ from a technical point of view or butt out. I can take care of the rest of it myself.

Jim

Reply to
RST Engineering

Wes,

Since you have to maintain your portion of the easement, why not build some "road humps" so the delivery trucks have to slow down or risk having to resort all the parcels in the back?

--
James T. White
Reply to

talk to

Jim,

What makes you think the kids won't drive as fast as they can just to set off your new speed activated siren and piss you off?

--
James T. White
Reply to

Hello Jim,

Since you said this is a road with very little traffic can't you just rig up two IR sensing paths? Like on garage doors? It's unlikely that there'd be two cars passing each other in opposite direction.

Then all you'd need would be a ramp generator that gets started by whichever IR sensor goes first. It is reset by the other sensor. If the reset occurs and the ramp voltage didn't reach a set threshold that means whatever triggered it was going to fast.

Regards, Joerg

Joerg

Gee, and technological solutions to social problems always work SO well.

-- jm

Note: My E-mail address has been altered to avoid spam

John Miles

Actually, there is a gate at the street. We used to close it at least at night, although for some reason that slowly ended. It was never locked, but the sight of it closed stopped a lot of casual traffic that didn't belong here.

Good luck with the project!

Reply to
Wes Stewart

Can you give me the address of such an intersection? I'd like to look at some on google maps for background on a local street-improvement project.

Reply to
Richard Henry

There are speed bumps all over this valley on CITY-maintained streets, as well as speed bumps in many shopping centers.

Since I've not heard of a suit, you might look into Arizona law as to what's legal and extrapolate to your situation.

BTW, Scottsdale also uses tight-ass round-abouts to slow traffic... you have to slow or you'll rollover.

...Jim Thompson

How about a gate that opens automatically if approached below a certain speed, but if approached above it locks closed and will not open until the vehicle backs up 100 feet and returns slowly.

Reply to
cs_posting

at

project.

Our local problem is a street that is normally lightly-travelled, but gets congested during the morning and afternoon because of traffic to/from the high school. The city has proposed widening the whole length (it varies from 50-year-old twisty 2-lane to modern 6-lane boulevard over the stretch in question) and a local group has proposed traffic circles at 4 critical interrsections.

Reply to
Richard Henry

Google Earth...

Intersection of Cholla St. and 68th St., Scottsdale, AZ 85254

LAT 33.589390°

LON -111.935610°

There are quite a few of this type in Scottsdale and in Carefree/Cave Creek, AZ.

Phoenix tends toward speed bumps, but is also looking into round-abouts.

Scroll a few blocks SW from there to the NW corner of Desert Cove and

66th St., and you'll see the acre I lived on from 1969 to 1994.

I always referred to the Cholla/68th St. intersection as the "drunk catcher", because there's a dip there as well... rain drain channel ;-)

...Jim Thompson

Wes Stewart

Google for "chicane"; that's the generic name for tight wiggle-like features built into roads and streets to force traffic to slow down.

--
Mike Andrews, W5EGO
mikea@mikea.ath.cx

I don't know where this thread went, but... Perhaps I missed it, but try searching on Gunplexer.

That should get you to the ham sites where such things are talked about and sources named. Hams use them on 10 GHz and it would be a simple matter to detect the Doppler freq and do some sort of frequency detect.

Oh hell. here's some of my links:

73, Steve, K,9.D;C'I

diodes,

thing,