Early 1970's Radar Range

I own an early 1970's Amana Radar-Range (with the analog dials and all chrome front). It still works great but the window is all clouded and dirty inside. I have a replacement I'd like to use. Here's my problem... I can't remove those "safety" screws they used on the door! And I can't seem to find any tools that will work either. These are not regular "safety screws" but look like something specially designed BY Amana. I plan on replacing them with normal screws if I can just get the old ones out. Does anybody know where I can find the proper tool for removing those screws? Bryan

Reply to
Totalrod2

Here's a photo of what the screws look like:

It's not a "tri-wing". The center part is raised. It seems like the tool would need to be a hollow piece (like a socket) with 3 notches on the sides to grab on to the screws. That's what I need. Bryan

Reply to
Totalrod2

Take a look at catalog page 2759 over at

Looks like the "Tri-Groove Sockets" may be what you're looking for.

--
Rich Webb   Norfolk, VA
Reply to

Thanks Rich. Geeze, is there anything they don't sell in that catalog? I've actually bought plenty of things from McMaster-Carr online. Never received their actual catalog though. It's probably just as well. I'd be like a kid in a candy store! Bryan

Reply to
Totalrod2