do you know science?

That's a mighty stiff vacuum blowing off the port bow.

--
Paul Hovnanian  paul@hovnanian.com
Have gnu, will travel.

Here is a question I have pondered a long time:

you are in a car and it is traveling at 40 mph. You have two choices

  1. Hit a 20'x20'x20' block of cement perfectly head on

  1. Hit another identical car which is also going 40 mph both hit perfectly head on.

Which choice?

Reply to
brent

In a perfect hit, there is no difference. The plane of the block you hit,stays where it is , causing certain damage. Now when the two cars hit headon, the plane between the two cars also stays in place, causing the same damage.

Only when cars are different, the lightest car bounces back from the heavy car, causing more damage to the lighter car. The lighter car would be better of with the concrete block.

However I would decline to participate in any of these experiments :)

Reply to
Sjouke Burry

The smallest car.

Reply to
krw

The car, obviously, because you can steer around it, or at least go for a glancing blow. ;-) As far as the force of impact, they're exactly equal other than maybe the different shape of the crush in the front end.

Kinda like this: If you've got a fish scale suspended horizontally with a string at each end, and the strings each go to a pulley and there's a 10 lb. weight at the end of each string, how much does the scale indicate? _______ ______/ scale \_____ O \_______/ O

Reply to
Rich Grise

Republic of Texas People's Republic of California

Thanks! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

snipped retarded attempt at making himself look better than someone else.

You're a goddamned retard.

Post your address, ya mouthy pussy.

The chewed rope 'length' is the WRONG answer, idiot.

Reply to
MrTallyman

Evaporation of black holes?

-- Rich

Reply to
RichD

Consider a flickering candle flame. What exactly is fire?

Again, Joe Sixpack has no more clue than Aristotle.

-- Rich

Reply to
RichD

snipped retarded attempt at making himself look better than someone else.

You're a goddamned retard.

Post your address, ya mouthy pussy.

The chewed rope 'length' is the WRONG answer, idiot.

------ You have been posting to a well known troll and not myself. I am a perfect asshole

I have reported this forgery to his provider snipped-for-privacy@x-privat.org

Please accept my apologies and check headers from now on until this is resolved.

mike

Reply to
m II

Not according to God: "Einstein was correct about the nature of the relationships between time and space, and energy and matter." ---

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Tidal effects are pushing the moon into a higher orbit. Total energy is still reducing because the Earth's rotation is slowing.

Sylvia.

Reply to
Sylvia Else

You did mean to say "average rotation" I trust, and "roughly the same face".

Sylvia.

Reply to
Sylvia Else

Valid point, but the correct answer was "yes".

Sylvia.

Reply to
Sylvia Else

--
The Canal doesn't run east to west.
Reply to

It's a trick question because most people don't know about the curlicue in the isthmus. The "east" end is in the Pacific, and the "west" end is in the Atlantic.

'scuse me - the Caribbean Sea and the Gulf of Panama:

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise