DFT Engineers Please advice

Hi Guys

I did my BE in Electronics and communication last year and am currently working in the DFT field. I currently enjoy the work I do but its mostly just working with tools with out knowing much of the innerworkings. As I mature as a engineer I hope to understand more about the tools but can you guys tell me what is better..... going for higher studies or experience.

I mean 3-4 years from now what would be more useful for me / get me better reposibilty jobs>>>> just experience or ME + experience? and when would be the ideal time to go into ME? after 1 year exp ? 2 year exp? also if I have to go in for ME.....can anyone suggest some good colleges where good DFT related work is going on?

If this is not the group to post can someone direct me to the correct group?

Thanks in advance Sabari

Reply to
cafm

Do what you love doing.

Have Fun! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Hi there

Thanks for the reply :) but the problem is I am sure that I would love both

I can see myself enjoying the pressure of deadlines and targets from the industry... I can also see myself enjoying understanding the academic part of it...

But what I wanted to know is which way would let me keep on enjoying, by putting more and more challenges in my lap as I grow.

Ideally I would like to end up working at a dream product based company like AMD/Intel for their R&D dept ......so I could rephrase the question as what way would help me get there :)

Regards Sabari

Reply to
cafm