Planning to switch to FPGA domain, any advice would be highly appreciated

Hi , Currently i am working with a Semiconductor Design House as a PDK Application Engineer. My primary job function is to support the design teams with PDK(this icludes, DRC/LVS, LPE ,models, techfiles..etc) related issues. I have been working in this filed for almost 3 years. I am interested in exploring Synthesis, Place & Route more than compared to what i am doing right now. Recently I got an opportunity in FPGA domain. This new job offers exposure to synthesis and P&R in FPGA domain. I dont have much knowledge about FPGA, i am not sure how different will it be from the ASIC world. Will this add to my earlier work experience that i have in Semi Custom/Asic domain ? To be more specific, will a Designer who has been working on FPGAs be acceptable in ASIC world, will he have the almost same market value in ASIC domain ? If i switch then will my earlier wrk exp be scraped. If anybody could help me evaluate/(provide some feedback) on these concerns, it would be highly appreciated. That would help me make a right move for my career.

Thanks & Regards Lucky

Reply to
To: Kshitij Arora

May I know what is the company