Designing a Lumped Delay Line

Can someone point me to information on how to design a lumped delay line?

Thanks!

...Jim Thompson

| 1962 | America: Land of the Free, Because of the Brave

There are some articles regarding construction and optimization if you Google. It sounds like an iterative process if designing multiple stages.

Depending on your application, you can buy them ready made. There are tiny DIP packaged picosecond ones and Allen Avionics makes packaged ones for 600 ohm Audio, 75 ohm Video etc. One I have used is a switchable type for audio, 600 ohms, variable to 1105 microseconds in 5 microsecond steps. Used for simulcast audio delay synchronization (transmitter site delay)for radio systems.

And then there is bucket brigade if you need longer delay.

--
Joe Leikhim K4SAT
"The RFI-EMI-GUY"©

"Treason doth never prosper: what\'s the reason?

"Follow The Money"  ;-P
Reply to
RFI-EMI-GUY

There was a firm in nashua new hampshire that specificlized in delay lines, realized using a wrppped section of ocaxial transmision lines. I would use time delay sections and not use the L and C distributed model. In reality an LC realization and actual chunks of coaxial trasnisssion lines produce a diffference in the overall performance. IE the transient rsponse and the CW analysis produce diffferecnes, for "equivalent models.

Best regards,

Marc

Reply to
LVMarc