One button, two beeps

Well, not beeps really, flashes.

I want a button on the car dash that I can hit that will flash both sets of turn signals twice. A thank-you button. Hit the button once, get two flashes. I don't think the simplest solution is to count the flashes that the existing flasher makes, but a simple logic circuit that flips a relay.

Reply to
_

"_" schreef in bericht news: snipped-for-privacy@40tude.net...

Most simple circuit I can imagine consists of three timers. 555 types for instance. The first timer starts when you hit the button and switches the lights on. When it's timed out, it switches the lights off and starts the second timer. Once this is timed out, it starts the third timer that turns the lights on again until it's timed out.

petrus bitbyter

Reply to
petrus bitbyter

If your button & circuit ran the 4 way flasher for 2 cycles, would that give you the "thank you" timing you want? If so, a one-shot set long enough for 2 cycles would probably be simplest.

Ed

Reply to
ehsjr

If anything sounds like a PIC, this one does.

donald

(sorry, I just had too :-)

Reply to
donald

Look up the CD4060. It can turn on an N-channel MOSFET directly if you run it on about 10V.

In the ap-notes see how to make an RC oscillator using it.

Use an RC circuit to make the button press into a reset pulse for the

4060.

Run one of the outputs (call it Q(N)) to the MOSFET.

Connect the anode of a diode to the Q(N+2) output. This limits your option one what Q(N) is.

Connect the cathode of the diode to the oscillator's input.

When you reset the CD4060, the oscillator runs until Q(N+2) goes high and then stops. Q(N) goes high twice during that time.

Reply to
MooseFET

Perfect.

Thankyou.