cool high voltage generator

You miss the point, '0' is not "ground", it is "global common", and has no business being used within a subcircuit. If something in a subcircuit should connect to true circuit ground, it should come out on a pin (and NOT be named '0'). Subcircuits that mistakenly use '0' will produce bizarre results if not powered (Vcc,Vee) conventionally.

Disclaimer: On occasion I will "sit" an otherwise floating piece of behavioral math on '0', but it has no effect on any subcircuit pin current flow. This is _not_ a method for amateurs.

You're posting almost everything you do now-a-days as an LTspice schematic, then ignoring any flaws the simulation tells you >:-} ...Jim Thompson

Yes, the flux is fixed, so if the current path changes then the inductance changes, so the actual current flowing must change to compensate. Took me a while to wrap my brain around it.

Spice doesn't know how to deal with persistent currents.

Reply to
Spehro Pefhany

Can't you charge up an inductor and then short it?

jlarkin at highlandtechnology dot com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Precision electronic instrumentation
Custom laser drivers and controllers
Photonics and fiberoptic TTL data links

That simple circuit probably works, but when you include a bit more of reality, you get stuff like:

"Voltage source and/or inductor loop involving L_L2 You may break the loop by adding a series resistance"

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

See...

From: Jim Thompson Newsgroups: alt.binaries.schematics.electronic Subject: COOL HV Generator ala Larkin - COOL_HV_ala_Larkin.png Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2013 10:16:15 -0700 Message-ID:

for the cause of the strange behavior. ...Jim Thompson

-- | James E.Thompson | mens | | Analog Innovations | et | | Analog/Mixed-Signal ASIC's and Discrete Systems | manus | | San Tan Valley, AZ 85142 Skype: Contacts Only | | | Voice:(480)460-2350 Fax: Available upon request | Brass Rat | | E-mail Icon at

Guffaw!

Maybe this is the problem...

.model Rnoise RES(T_abs=0) .model pmod pjf (beta=0.5e-2, T_abs=-10) .MODEL DX D (T_abs=0) .model dn d(kf=2e-12,af=1, T_abs=-4)

Note the temperatures ;-) ...Jim Thompson

[snip]

That behavior was a red flag for wrong pin order in the subcircuit call.

Two lines if behavioral math passes load current to proper rail: