Conclusive physical evidence for AWG?

Isn't that really what this is all about?

John

Enjoy your beer.

--
http://www.wescottdesign.comE
Reply to

The OP wants to live in and endless party, and refuses to believe any evidence that may lead to him having to stop. So naturally he chooses his facts carefully.

Enjoy your beer.

--
http://www.wescottdesign.com
Reply to

Tim Wescott wrote:

You may think that your repeated three-word responses are oh so very clever, but the fact remains that people are asking legitimate questions and posting legitimate objections to your argument, and you are ducking the questions and ignoring the objections. That's really not very clever now, it it?

Reply to
me

On Feb 6, 8:56=A0pm, Jim Thompson

At the rate we are going, France might wind up with the best economy.

Reply to
bulegoge

Excerpts from a group of 650 scientists that now doubt AGW:

"I am a skeptic ... . Global warming has become a new religion." -- Nobel Prize Winner for Physics, Ivar Giaever.

"Since I am no longer affiliated with any organization nor receiving any funding, I can speak quite frankly ... . As a scientist I remain skeptical." -- Atmospheric Scientist Dr. Joanne Simpson, the first woman in the world to receive a Ph.D. in meteorology and formerly of NASA who has authored more than 190 studies and has been called "among the most pre-eminent scientists of the last 100 years."

Warming fears are the "worst scientific scandal in the history ... . When people come to know what the truth is, they will feel deceived by science and scientists." -- U.N. IPCC Japanese Scientist Dr. Kiminori Itoh, an award-winning Ph.D. environmental physical chemist.

"The IPCC has actually become a closed circuit; it doesn't listen to others. It doesn't have open minds ... . I am really amazed that the Nobel Peace Prize has been given on scientifically incorrect conclusions by people who are not geologists." -- Indian geologist Dr. Arun D. Ahluwalia at Punjab University and a board member of the U.N.- supported International Year of the Planet.

"The models and forecasts of the U.N. IPCC "are incorrect because they only are based on mathematical models and presented results at scenarios that do not include, for example, solar activity." -- Victor Manuel Velasco Herrera, a researcher at the Institute of Geophysics of the National Autonomous University of Mexico.

"It is a blatant lie put forth in the media that makes it seem there is only a fringe of scientists who don't buy into anthropogenic global warming." -- U.S. Government Atmospheric Scientist Stanley B. Goldenberg of the Hurricane Research Division of NOAA, the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration.

"Even doubling or tripling the amount of carbon dioxide will virtually have little impact, as water vapor and water condensed on particles as clouds dominate the worldwide scene and always will." -- Geoffrey G. Duffy, a professor in the Department of Chemical and Materials Engineering of the University of Auckland, New Zealand.

"After reading [U.N. IPCC chairman] Pachauri's asinine comment [comparing skeptics to] Flat Earthers, it's hard to remain quiet." -- Climate statistician Dr. William M. Briggs, who specializes in the statistics of forecast evaluation, serves on the American Meteorological Society's Probability and Statistics Committee and is an associate editor of Monthly Weather Review.

"For how many years must the planet cool before we begin to understand that the planet is not warming? For how many years must cooling go on?" -- Geologist Dr. David Gee, the chairman of the science committee of the 2008 International Geological Congress who has authored 130 plus peer-reviewed papers, and is currently at Uppsala University in Sweden.

"Gore prompted me to start delving into the science again and I quickly found myself solidly in the skeptic camp ... . Climate models can at best be useful for explaining climate changes after the fact."

-- Meteorologist Hajo Smit of Holland, who reversed his belief in man- made warming to become a skeptic, is a former member of the Dutch U.N. IPCC committee.

"Many [scientists] are now searching for a way to back out quietly (from promoting warming fears), without having their professional careers ruined." -- Atmospheric physicist James A. Peden, formerly of the Space Research and Coordination Center in Pittsburgh, Pa.

"Creating an ideology pegged to carbon dioxide is a dangerous nonsense ... . The present alarm on climate change is an instrument of social control, a pretext for major businesses and political battle. It became an ideology, which is concerning." -- Environmental Scientist Professor Delgado Domingos of Portugal, the founder of the Numerical Weather Forecast group, has more than 150 published articles.

"CO2 emissions make absolutely no difference one way or another ... . Every scientist knows this, but it doesn't pay to say so ... . Global warming, as a political vehicle, keeps Europeans in the driver's seat and developing nations walking barefoot." -- Dr. Takeda Kunihiko, vice- chancellor of the Institute of Science and Technology Research at Chubu University in Japan.

"The [global warming] scaremongering has its justification in the fact that it is something that generates funds." -- Award-winning Paleontologist Dr. Eduardo Tonni, of the Committee for Scientific Research in Buenos Aires and head of the Paleontology Department at the University of La Plata.

The report also includes new peer-reviewed scientific studies and analyses refuting man-made warming fears and a climate developments that contradict the theory.

Reply to
bulegoge

That's bound to generate resistance.

--
John
Reply to

That's a sloppy comment. Did you intend to be vague and mislead?

No rising trend of what? UV? IR? Total insolation? Magnetism? Sun spots? Solar cycle duration?

Reply to
Raveninghorde

It troubles me deeply when I see supposedly good engineers go nutso and join the current "religion" :-(

...Jim Thompson

     Liberals are so cute.  Dumb as a box of rocks, but cute.

Looks like Tim has become a convert to the AGW religion :-(

...Jim Thompson

The Democrat theory is that spend.. spend.. spend.. and government
jobs will bolster the economy and employment will improve. If that
were actually true, wouldn\'t France have the world\'s best economy?

There is no brick wall anymore than Iraq had WMD.

The politicians find it convenient to promote the brick wall as they did WMD.

The IPCC is political, not scientific.

/quote

The people: as United Nations body, the IPCC work aims at the promotion of the United Nations human development goals

/end quote

If you poke global warming you find CO2 is not a significant problem in itself. The positive feedback mechanisms are triggered by a rise in temperature not CO2. The indirect link is that CO2 raises temperature which then triggers the feedback. So when the temperature rises for other reasons the same feedback should be triggered. Yet the world has been warmer than now. With temperature driven positive feedback how did the world ever cool down?

Look at the historical temperature CO2 graphs.

CO2 lags temperature by 800 years. How could temperature decrease before CO2 if CO2 causes warming?

Please stop drinking the beer and leave the party you've obviously drunk too much. Just don't expect the rest of us to join you or pay for your paranoia.

Reply to
Raveninghorde

Indeed :-(

...Jim Thompson

| 1962 | Liberalism is a persistent vegetative state

I am going to predict that Tim Wescott will either post more "oh so clever" responses that fail to address legitimate objections to his argument or that he will stop responding altogether. In general, engineers have a problem with admitting errors in their logic.

Penn & Teller on Environmental Hysteria:

Skeptic Magazine on Global Warming:

John Stossel (ABC News 20/20) on The Global Warming Myth:

NASA's Hansen to Obama: Use Global Warming to Redistribute Wealth:

me

Here are another 31,000 scientists who doubt AGW:

Penn & Teller on Environmental Hysteria:

Skeptic Magazine on Global Warming:

John Stossel (ABC News 20/20) on The Global Warming Myth:

NASA's Hansen to Obama: Use Global Warming to Redistribute Wealth:

me

But we CAN observe conclusive physical evidence of the benefits of electrons and holes. No one would build power plants or pay money to the electric company otherwise. I ask that we hold AGW to the same standard. Society should not be FORCED to pay carbon taxes or build sequestration plants without similar conclusive physical evidence that there is any real benefit.

Mark

Reply to
makolber

The entire point of my first post was asking for real physical evidence that AGW is a real threat to mankind.

Mark

Reply to
makolber

In article , To-Email- snipped-for-privacy@My-Web-Site.com says...>

You don't think engineers can be weenies?

Reply to
krw

The entire point of the bus story is that we should believe things without evidence just in case whatever harm is predicted is really coming.

The problem is that it works both ways. The bus heading for the brick wall can be assigned to not stopping all CO2 emmisions, or it can be assigned to destroying the economy and halting scientific progress by reducing CO2 emmisions. It could even be assigned to an ice age that would be here already but for our CO2 emissions. That would make the global warming religionists the ones who refuse to stop the bus. Enjoy your beer, GW alarmists!

The point is that, once you decide that it is OK to believe something without evidence, it becomes OK to believe the opposite of that something without evidence. Once you decide that it is OK to avoid something because it is claimed without evidence to be a danger, it becomes OK to avoid the opposite of that something because it is claimed without evidence to be a danger.

If you haven't looked at this peer-reviewed scientific paper by a well-known and highly qualified scientist, you really should do so. The data is well-documented and quite convincing.

me

The 12 gauge may be of help after others have burned their food to stay warm.

Reply to
krw

An engineer is supposed to have an inquisitive mind and question unproven theories. Leftist weenies have neither attribute. Their behavior is of a religious nature.

Thus, like all religious nutcases, they should be culled out and disposed of.

...Jim Thompson

"The American Republic will endure until the day Congress
discovers that it can bribe the public with the public\'s money."

                 - Alexis de Tocqueville