Cold testing

..the knowledge is called GIGO.

Reply to
Robert Baer

I do have a styrofoam cooler of fair size..about 13D x 13H x 23L; adding a fan is no big deal. But that is a lot of moist air. Maybe if i split it with a styrofoam or similar insulating barrier and use Calcium Chloride pellets on one side with a "cooling slot" for dry ice and fan on other side?

Reply to
Robert Baer

VELLY nice! Impressive as well.

Reply to
Robert Baer

Check; did that on the first cut. Was not happy..too much solid water and -15 C was the "best" i could do. At least i could do a rough 6 digit voltage measurement with a 5 digit meter; scatter plots along each V/T line showed the same trend for each measurement set. Yes, crude but a good teaser for better..

Reply to
Robert Baer

From the quickie "specs", seems like the FC770 may be the best choice. Hmmm... Pool of FC770, dunk and fix PCB in pool, splash chunks of CO2 in, keep stirred and do experiment. Might even work in semi-sealed container for all of it. Satisfies the H2O problem. Keeps cost down. VERY worth considering. Thanks.

Reply to
Robert Baer

yeah, XP or newer, Have not looked as 2K, ME, or earlier.

--
?? 100% natural

Jasen Betts

advnced settings under the international settings in the control panel IIRC.

--
?? 100% natural

Jasen Betts

On a sunny day (Mon, 25 Jun 2012 18:31:26 -0700 (PDT)) it happened Owen Roberts wrote in :

Yes that is what I use, but mine is 7 watt at 70 K IIR. What did you pay?

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

Yo are so stupid, that you cannot even get a simple colloquialism right.

Reply to
WoolyBully

Sounds like he doesn't know what it does.

jlarkin at highlandtechnology dot com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Precision electronic instrumentation
Custom laser drivers and controllers
Photonics and fiberoptic TTL data links

Twice? Where?

--

John Larkin Highland Technology, Inc

jlarkin at highlandtechnology dot com

Precision electronic instrumentation Picosecond-resolution Digital Delay and Pulse generators Custom laser drivers and controllers Photonics and fiberoptic TTL data links VME thermocouple, LVDT, synchro acquisition and simulation

Not if the Tenny has a dual stage cooling system. Then its just AC line voltage.

Martin Riddle

Maybe partition #1 has the dry ice, hole to #2 with CaCl ten hole to #3 with DUT? I really do not mind dry ice, but the moisture sort-of gets in the way..

Reply to
Robert Baer

  • Check; also displaces water to a degree. Was my first thought,but rejected it. Not exactly nice to have if poor ventilation.
  • That is back to $$ equipment.
Reply to
Robert Baer

I say "B". I say "B A". I say "B A G G". I say "B A G G Bagg Mopp" .. ((something like that,been a few years)) So updated idea is to use FC77 as working fluid with DUT in (sealed) bag and dry ice outside for temp control - "bag" the water.. Sorry, that means do not care about solid water as it is outside.

Reply to
Robert Baer

Nice! Size? cost? shipping weight and source? Oops - even at free,big prob with solid water.

Reply to
Robert Baer

And lab grade costs. Cannot mess with LN2 dewars or CO2 bottles.

Reply to
Robert Baer

The regeneration is a major plus.

Reply to
Robert Baer

Have lied,setting TZ to AridZona and clock to local (beep) the time now is 8:04PM (beep)

Reply to
Robert Baer

Win2K here..all i see are Date/Time (used for the lie mentioned) and Regional Options which is less useful.

Still set to AZ (-0700) with clock then >> re-done to local..(beep) the time now isn8:16PM (beep)

Reply to
Robert Baer