Cold testing

Each system was 14 racks and over $11 million.

You lose, again.

Reply to
WoolyBully

You obviously cannot even read.

Show me where I said "flight simulator".

Read it again, idiot.

Then, try to fit within that 2 inch thick bone head skull of yours what things might take place in the world's largest anechoic chamber.

Think of things like the Osprey or the JSF or the F-22.

Oh, that's right... it is miles over your head.

Reply to
WoolyBully

snipped stupid link.

Buy one of the ones I used to make. They are the best in the industry.

And it is not called a "two step drop" It is called "cascaded", and they are not "run in series", one uses one refrigerant to cool the primary of the secondary, which uses yet another, different refrigerant. If anything that more closely models a parallel configuration.

Ours go down to:

Extreme Cold Temperatures Temperature chambers with mechanical refrigeration systems achieve temperatures as low as -84°C (-120°F) and temperature chambers with optional LN2 achieve temperature as low as -184°C (-300°F) for fast temperature change rates.

WoolyBully

I'm guessing you were not in the sales department.

Reply to
mike

On a sunny day (Sat, 23 Jun 2012 14:57:12 -0800) it happened Robert Baer wrote in :

How big are your 'parts'?

I use a cryocooler that cost me about 500$ inclusive shipping. can go down to 70 K, and up to 50 C easily on the hot side...

-55 C should be no problem in a minute or 2 even in open air with some small peeseebee mounted on the tip.

It is not suitable for bigger things, but yoy can mount the tip in a well insulated box and then a few cubic dm should be no problem. I have seen units like that for sale.

And if that is not enough you can make your own liquid air, LN, O for a bit extra cost,

I also have an electric oven to bake pizza :-)

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

What does it do?

--

John Larkin Highland Technology Inc

jlarkin at highlandtechnology dot com

Precision electronic instrumentation Picosecond-resolution Digital Delay and Pulse generators Custom timing and laser controllers Photonics and fiberoptic TTL data links VME analog, thermocouple, LVDT, synchro, tachometer Multichannel arbitrary waveform generators

Custodial.

Reply to
krw

14 racks, with 1ps resolution. Rrrriiiiiiiggghhhttttt. Sure, we believe you AlwaysWrong. What was the accuracy, 1ms?

AlwaysWrong, still.

Reply to
krw

If it's short term maybe you can rent a tenney JR. Cheaper than owning one.

Martin Riddle

No further information can be provided.

You'll just have to think a bit, Johnny.

Reply to
WoolyBully

You ain't real bright about things, boy.

Literally hundreds (over 1024, in fact) of equal line lengths, and phase shifters and attenuator controls, all at several GHz. All perfectly synched. Unlike you idiots.

Far to elaborate for a retarded twit like you to grasp.

And sorry (not), the details of which are not available to a dork like you either.

Reply to
WoolyBully

If you are gonna rent, you might as well rent a better name brand than that POS maker.

It doesn't even look as if they are still in business even, so it would be a refurb unit, at best. Oh boy... great choice... NOT!

Reply to
WoolyBully

Resolution is cheap. Accuracy and jitter are not.

It's hard to get delay tempcos (ps/degC) or jitters (ps RMS) down into the single digits.

Precision electronic instrumentation
Custom timing and laser controllers
Photonics and fiberoptic TTL data links

Our arbitrary waveform generators are $36k each, our cost.

Each 16 channel module carries one. Do some math, Larkin.

You guys are still losing.

Oh, and we got fully approved. That is why several more of the same or similar system were bought by them.

Looks like the battle is over, and you definitely lost, big time. Bwuahahahahhahahahahhahahhaa!

Reply to
WoolyBully

You obviously do not know much about temperature controlled environments.

You probably drive your noisy crap with switching supplies too.

So, it is hard... for dopes like you.

Reply to
WoolyBully

I can believe that (having designed a 100ps clocking system, more than thirty years ago). I *don't* believe this group's sanitation engineer knows anything about it.

Reply to
krw

Ever look in a mirror, DimBulb?

"Perfectly"? That's pretty accurate. How is this "perfection" accomplished?

It's OK, AlwaysWrong. We understand your limitations.

Then perhaps you shouldn't even be talking about it, Nymbecile. You certainly don't know anything about it.

Reply to
krw

I once used dry ice with one of those beer store styrofoam coolers and a small fan inside (to stir the air) to get down to either -40C or -55C (I don't remember which). I did get some frost on the pcb, but it was not a problem for my design. I left power off until I needed to make the measurements.

With more care to insulate better, you might reach -55 with dry ice.

Cheers, John

Reply to
John S

I did fail at sanitizing the group of the SHIT that is KRW.

Likely because that is not what I do.

If I did, you and your entire bloodline would no longer exist.

You are doing a fine job of flushing yourself, however.

Reply to
WoolyBully

Run ANY PCB assembly at cold temp levels in a bath of Fluorinert. ZERO water inclusion.

But I know you are too dumb to even understand why.

D'oh!

Reply to
WoolyBully