Clothing stores of the future !!! =D (Advanced stores YEAH BABY :) )

Hi,

I am a programmer and I can't stand to be in a cloth shop for longer than 5 minutes. It just pisses me off.

I'll just share you my experience and then you can judge it and then I shall suggest how a shop of the future could look like.

The bad shop as it is now:

  1. First I walk into the shop. There is a f****ng white car inside which you can win lol. It's directed at the entrance of the shop like it's going to run you over/down or something. I am a bit scared to enter the shop since I dont know what the f****ng card is doing inside. Anyway I follow my mother, Yes my mother because I dont really want a new jacket but my current jacket is getting kinda old and it has some holes/rips/wear etc but it's a very cool/handy jacket which can function for winter and summer since the inner stuff can be removed etc and when it rains the water just stays outside... it doesn't get socking wet or anything. It's a bit difficult to get the zip closed it's also a bit damaged etc but ok and the extra buttons go open/close ok.

Now back to the shop experience. Ok so we enter the shop, way too many clothes everywhere, very hot inside, same stuff as three years ago lol but ok. There these changing boxes with curtains which dont f****ng close properly lol, how typical. But ok. Now comes the worst. Which color do you want ? As long as it's black or brown. That's it. No other colors, just black or brown... oh wait dark green DOH... which just looks like black/brown etc. Where is all the exotic/colourfull stuff.... maybe I dont want it but at least give me the feeling that I have a choice :D:P=D Anyway... all the jackets look the same, with just minor changes. (Stupid stickers on mirrors you can't even see yourself etc... me a tall guy, stickers at the top bleh. )

For me this is infuriating... all the jackets are the same I dont have the feeling of choice... I have the feeling that I am being forced onto something which I absolutely dont want, maybe worsened by the fact that my mother is there too wishing I buy a new jacket.

Now the worst part of all comes.. Well actually the worst part is the f****ng salesmen looking at you like you are wearing a piece of crap, and doesn't even know where all the stuff in my size is at etc... No system what so ever etc...

The worst part is that the jackets I tried are difficult to close etc... zips not working, buttons not closing etc... very annoying... it takes like half an hour to get the jacket closed or something at least it feels like that.

I spent many hours trying to get my software working or perfecting it and these f****rs can't even produce a button which closes properly or something like that lol.. or these shop bastards didn't even test their own f****ng jackets. No thank you, sell that shit to somebody else is what my dead father would say ;) lol.

(Oh yeah one more thing and these pieces of shit costs like 200 bucks and dont even "work" lol :) )

Haaaa writing this down is sooo relaxing.

Ok now the future shop as it could/should be:

  1. You walk into the shop.

  1. You greet the bastards and then the greedy cheesy bastards ask you:

"Can I help you ?" or you simply say: "I am looking for a jacket."

  1. "Sure thing mister". Let me measure your measurements etc.

Since you only need a jacket, your arms get measured and your body get measured etc.

Now you get a color assigned to you, or maybe a number or a place or something like that.

All items in the store have multiple lamps or some kind of indicator.

  1. Only the items which fit your size are "lit" in your special color or "lamp place".

The store for example has 10 or 20 lamps per item. That's the maximum ammount of persons allowed into the store... more persons than that would just get crowded anyway... so any extra people will have to come back later or wait in line or something like that.

This would save the customer a hell lot of time since now he doesnt have to search for the f****ng items which fit his/her size etc. I hate wasting time =D

  1. But now since we have a selection method to quickly filter stuff out we can simply use these indicators to quickly filter out undesirable items. For example:

  1. I tell the salesperson or operator: I want at least a jacket with 2 pockets left and right and 1 pocket on the inside. My mother would add with a zip on the inside lol. My mother wouldn't even need to be there in the first place but ok :)

So everything that does not fit the description is deselected. All this information about the jackets is ofcourse inside the store's computer which gets operated by the sales person by some handy wireless device so he can freely walk around like in Startrek ;) (and is not constrainted to some stupid computer behind a desk, that would be totally uncool.)

  1. Now I can simply say: "Show me all black jackets (which also fit the other descriptions/requirements etc)" and all the black jackets get lit up and the rest is not lit.

  1. Show me all the blue ones, brown ones, yellow ones, green onces, whatever ;)

  2. Show me jackets with removeable inner clothing whatever.

  1. Show me summer jackets, show me winters jackets, or hybrid jackets (for both sessions).

  2. Show me women or man jackets etc ;)

Just anything to speed up the selection process and search/choice process etc.

  1. This one is a good one too: Show me all jackets of my favorite brand.

  1. This one is a good one too: Show me all jackets in a certain price range ;)

  2. Etc, Etc, Etc, ETCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC !!! :):):)

Ok one last improvement:

  1. Simply hand over the wireless device to the customer, or even better implement the functionality so that the customer can simply use his mobile phone or device so that he doesnt end up stealing the store's wireless device etc. So that the user himself can do the selection and doesn't have to drive the salesperson nuts ;)

Ofcourse the sales person could still do it for him incase the f****ng customer is too stupid to do it himself LOL =D

Anyway... for me as a computer geek/nerd/genius/wizard/freak/etc shopping could and probably would suddenly be a lot more fun since I can do it efficiently and with lot's of fun since computers are funnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn. And manually searching through clothes SUCKS BALLS... I hate it, it's infuriating, it's inefficient, it wastes times AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I HATE ITTTTTTTTT :P =D After finally finding a nice looking jacket it turns out it's too small or arm length to small etc AHHHH infuriating now the searching starts all over AGAIN NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

:)

(There I shall included my favorite programming/computer newsgroup as well ;) :P since this is my first time in the clothing newsgroup and the postings in the clothing newsgroup seem kinda low lol, me wonders if anybody reads the clothing newsgroup at all ;))

Bye, Skybuck.

Reply to
Skybuck Flying

snip

have you tried posting to alt.cross.dressing?

martin

Reply to
martin griffith

Clothing in the future?

Everyone will wear the same outfits. I know. I saw it on Star Trek.

Except you will get a red shirt.

-- Paul Hovnanian mailto: snipped-for-privacy@Hovnanian.com

------------------------------------------------------------------ The large print giveth and the small print taketh away. -- Tom Waits

Reply to
Paul Hovnanian P.E.

than 5

I dont know.. usually when people are quite they silently agree with it ;) :P

Only when they disagree or have a problem do they make a noise :)

Sqeewiek =D

Bye, Skybuck.

Reply to
Skybuck Flying

NOBODY CARES. Please keep your ramblings to yourself, or at least don't post them to programming groups.

Nicholas Sherlock

Reply to
Nicholas Sherlock

We can only wish.