Parts stores on Long Island?

Hello New Yorkers,

Is there any large electronic parts store on Long Island, NY?

I mean a store that carries N-connectors, 2N7000 type transistors, crystals and so on. Reason I ask is that a client is there and when I get there we might need stuff like this in a hurry, w/o the overnight wait for mail order. I did use a few Radio Shacks on LI but once I had to drive to four stores until I had gathered the required quantity (and I guess that left a few ham radio folks miffed).

All I could find via Google from here in California was Fordham in Hauppauge but when calling that number I was told it's gone. Eastern New York City might also work but that can be a traffic nightmare to get to unless it is close to a LIRR train station.

Regards, Joerg

Joerg

Active Electronics, Vets Highway. Not far from macarthur airport.

Reply to
Martin Riddle

Hello Martin,

Thanks! Macarthur is actually where I am going to stay. Now I just wish you could fly into that airport but last time I checked that popped the ticket price way up.

Regards, Joerg

Joerg

I guess your comming from Sacramento, Ohare connecting flight?. Have fun ;)

Best food, Its pretty scare in the area. I believe there is contential breakfast in your hotel (just north of the airport) and a Fridays across the street. You need to go elsewhere or west to get better chow. If you have slack time, the sunken forest on fireisland is neat. But you need to take the ferry across the bay.

Cheers Cheers

Reply to
Martin Riddle

I read in sci.electronics.design that Martin Riddle wrote (in ) about 'Parts stores on Long Island?', on Fri, 16 Sep 2005:

One you argue with the waiter about?

John Woodgate

"What good is the free breakfast if it doesn't open until 7:30?"

You mean like that?

Reply to
Richard Henry

Hello Martin,

There actually is a direct flight from Sacramento to JFK but only once a day and it's a red eye. So I usually go from the Bay Area, preferably without a stop-over.

breakfast in your hotel (just north of the airport) and a

chow. If you have slack time, the sunken forest on

Continental breakfast isn't my favorite, often they only offer sweet stuff like muffins. I prefer a hearty American breakfast, maybe there is a nice little mom-and-pop place somewhere. But a TGI being there is good news.

LI has some nice places for dinner. I forgot the names but there is a large Asian restaurant towards NYC that was a bit on the expensive side but good. Also, an excellent Italian place in Port Jefferson Station. And I really like John Harvard's Brew House, close to the Smithhaven Plaza towards Setauket.

Regards, Joerg

Joerg

breakfast in your hotel (just north of the airport) and a

chow. If you have slack time, the sunken forest on

Do you have to take your own fairy to the island, or are they provided? ;-)

Reply to
Rich Grise

I thought it was, "A cup of reheated coffee and a Krispy Kreme donut."

Thanks, Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

breakfast in your hotel (just north of the airport) and a

chow. If you have slack time, the sunken forest on

I believe its bring your own. Their actually being overwhelmed by the tourists and families, 'they' say its not as secluded as it once was.

cheers

Reply to
Martin Riddle

Hello Martin,

breakfast in your hotel (just north of the airport) and a

chow. If you have slack time, the sunken forest on

Ha! Found their biz card. This one was pretty good:

Regards, Joerg

Joerg

breakfast in your hotel (just north of the airport) and a

chow. If you have slack time, the sunken forest on

That remindes me. I once asked the Huntington Library for directions, They asked me if i knew where the bars are. lol, using bars as landmarks. (theres like 20 or so bars in huntington village)

Martin Riddle

Hello Martin,

asked me if i knew where the bars are. lol, using bars as

Another landmark guideline would be gazillions of diners. I have never seen this many anywhere else. A longtime LI resident told me that there was some kind of subsidy program that started them. Now I begin to understand why you guys pay such excruciating property taxes.

I tried a few of the diners. The food was ok but IMHO not much to write home about.

Regards, Joerg

Joerg