Toronto parts stores?

Does anyone know of any good parts places in Toronto? It doesn't have to be fancy stuff, just glue chips, perf-boards, wire-wrap stuff, connectors, tech-books, etc. Ones and twos rather than quantity.

Odds and ends I can probably scrounge at the House of the Gorilla. :^) Radio Shack has always been useless, but at least they used to have boxes and small project boards. They still sell wire-wrap wire -- damned if I know why -- they don't sell anything else that could use it.

I'm currently building a project out of a large junkbox inventory, but by the end, there's bound to be _something_ that I'll need.

--
Ron Sharp.
Reply to

there is another one just east of that gorilla some on victoria park and south of steeles (electrosonic and others, Sayal is there too) another one little west on Gordon Backer I think some also on College and Spadina area rw

Reply to
Rein Wiehler

This link might help.

Mostafa

Mostafa Kassem
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Mostafa Kassem

Great! I used to buy a lot of stuff from them, but they relocated and I couldn't find them again. Thanks.

--
Ron Sharp.
Reply to

Technically not in Toronto, but there's a bunch of other electronic stores in the same strip mall as Active Components on Matheson, including Sayal (relatively expensive surplus, often some big quantity overrun specials available) and a few other interesting places. There's also "Above All Surplus" on the north side of Bloor, west of Spadina (west of Bathurst, IIRC).

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Spehro Pefhany

Hi

I don't believe that you recommend that store to anyone.

Here in Ottawa this store looks like they are going out of business.

Only empty shelves and old crap.

Gerry

connectors,

boxes

by

Reply to
Gerry Sendrowicz

In Toronto, it is so going under... nice place to pick up chemicals though. I have like $20 worth in points or something there heh.

Reply to
Mr. Foster

Chemicals might be an issue when Digikey finally drives them into bankruptcy. Maybe Apache Burger is hiring. 8-(