Climate of Complete Certainty

He only reads paranoid right wing denier sites and will not accept that there is a problem. Typical of a paranoid right wing science denier.

Sooner rather than later California will run out of water then perhaps he might take climate change a little more seriously. New Mexico is already under considerably more water stress but not as populous.

Regards,
Martin Brown
Reply to
Martin Brown

ITYM they think he is on their side which is not the same thing at all. Trump is exclusively on the side of selfish multibillionaire oligarchs and plutocrats like himself. US elected dictatorship in progress.

--
Regards,
Martin Brown

+1
Reply to
Steve Wilson

whit3rd wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com:

Metrology Calibrate me, baby...

Cosmology Tell me what it is I see... up there...

Cosmetology Make me look good, but no Donald J. Trump obvious indicators.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

That link wants to harvest my email address. No thanks. The long-term snowpack map is very noisy but has no obvious trend. 1881, 1925, 1977,

2015 were bad years. 2011 was radical.

The water problems in California are dominated by agriculture, namely growing enormous amounts of water-hungry crops like almonds and cotton for export. There are lots of people here, but we use a small fraction of the water. "Urban use" is about 10% of the water supply, and that is dominated by silly stuff like lawns and swimming pools.

The biggest "use" for water in California is "environmental", which is precisely not use.

The cork popped merrily, and Lord Peter rose to his feet.
"Bunter", he said, "I give you a toast. The triumph of Instinct over Reason"
Reply to
jlarkin

You are being silly and tribal and hysterical. T is doing sensible stuff that is benefitting small businesses, owned by thousandaires, who create real jobs.

The cork popped merrily, and Lord Peter rose to his feet.
"Bunter", he said, "I give you a toast. The triumph of Instinct over Reason"
Reply to
jlarkin

John Robertson wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com:

I cannot believe that so many Americans were so stupid that that cannot see that.

Straight out of a Twilight Zone episode for that last 5 years. Rod Serling turned in his grave, but recent events flat made the dude explode.

Absolutely unfrigginbelieveble what has taken place.

I have to give the bastard one credit thought. He woke me up the the level of Udumbinatti the republican party is. The crap about biden was crafted by them regardless of it being Trump that started it, and it continues, and I think that SEVERAL players should go to prison.

We need term limits and we need laws that allow that bastards to not only be ousted, but to be prosecuted and imprisoned.

Otherwise, there is nothing stopping the stupid, oath ignoring bastards.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

bitrex wrote in news:VrG0G.420004$ snipped-for-privacy@fx46.iad:

Women today...

The bulge criteria would ultimately decide.

Fuck the bucks, they want you to f*ck 'em like a buck. Then cast you away, just like we did them for so long.

"Where are the white women at?" -Blazing Saddles

More like "Where are the hot women bars at?"

Skin tone don't matter. That was just the first movie line that popped into my head.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

whit3rd wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com:

Paid $90k a year by Ayers' "FED funded foundation". (AND his wife too)

Yeah, sure... his rise was 100% legit. Right.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

Which is to say that Trump's small business tax cut put money in John Larki n's pocket, for the moment.

It was deficit funded at a point when the economy didn't need any stimulus, so it was inflationary and a bad idea in the long term, but neither Trump nor John Larkin think about the long term, so neither could care less.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

Turn javascript off. This kills most shenanigans on sites.

I normally keep javascript turned off when browsing. Some sites need it, such as Google Search and many science sites, but they are easy to handle.

If you are running Firefox, you can use Richard Neomy's Toggle Javascript. This makes it trivial to disable javascript. You also may need Hotfix for Firefox bug 1548973.

You can also use disposable email addresses, such as

Steve Wilson

Rule of thumb: if it looks like the "math ain't that complicated" you're being set up.

Reply to
bitrex

CNN didn't quote Bernie Sanders one time in today's article about his victory in the NH primary it was all quotes from Buttigieg and Amy Klobuchar.

Imagine writing an article about a sporting event where you don't quote the winner you only quote second and third place.

Reply to
bitrex

Is there anything worse than a Republican who uses 500 words the only point of which is to insert a white nationalist dog-whistle like "gimmedats"?

I probably first saw that term on the National Vanguard website/Stormfront like two decades ago everyone knows where it comes from.

Reply to
bitrex

The press is less and less about reporting and more and more about promoting agendas. On both sides. Even the "scientific" press.

People eventually notice.

The cork popped merrily, and Lord Peter rose to his feet.
"Bunter", he said, "I give you a toast. The triumph of Instinct over Reason"
Reply to
jlarkin

You snipped the name calling. Why?

Just you wait.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

What makes you think that agriculture (which pays close attention to water resources) is the problem? It's an important industry that is sensitive to the problem. People ARE using that agricultural water resource, if they eat foodstuffs.

Your imagination seems to see silliness everywhere, but blame casting doesn't solve anything.

Why should all the water falling from the sky go to direct human use? You certainly benefit from the photosynthesis output of every weed, and are reliant on LOTS of beneficial insects etc. Blame the worms for being slimy, or disregard the insects as vermin, and you become one of the fools who really CAN be blamed, for ruining the natural garden that supports all life.

Case in point: Mao decided to eliminate sparrows, because they were a pest that ate grain. To some extent, he succeeded, BUT those same sparrows ate locusts as well. Grain harvest suffered.

Reply to
whit3rd

And has enormous political influence.

Ag uses about 40% of the available water supply. Domestic use is about

10%. Maybe there is no water problem in California.

Except for salting up the farmland through evaporation without drainage. The huge rice fields don't have that problem. That's funny, growing cotton and rice in what is by the usual definition, < 20 inches of rainfall a year, desert.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

The Murdoch empire has been at it for years. One the agenda's they promote (for their fossil fuel extracting advertisers) is climate change denial. John Larkin won't have noticed that.

Reading more objective sources leaves John Larkin with the nagging feeling that he looks like a gullible sucker, which he doesn't find flattering, and rationalises away.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

whit3rd wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com:

In Cali, the Almond crop growers get Colorado river diverted water by the cubic hectare. They get WAY more than they need or use, and they will NOT relinquish their allotments.

It IS a problem. And Almonds are NOT a water hungry crop, per se. It is just the lands and soils they chose to grow them on need irrigation to work, and they grabbed up way more than they needed and will not alter their agreements.