"Ship order complete"

Sorry for the off-topic question but I thought you'd be familiar with the term... This reseller has a tick box on their order form saying :

| Ship Order Complete | | Your ordered items may be shipping from multiple locations. | Check this box if you would like all items to ship from their | stocking location complete. We will not consolidate orders to | only one location for shipment. | | [] Ship my order complete from each location.

Does that mean that, if the box is checked, each warehouse will wait until they have everything and then make ONE shipment to me ?

Thanks for the PF answers everyone !

--
André Majorel
"After 15 minutes, I wanted to marry her. After a half hour, I completely

Andre Majorel wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@atc5.vermine.org:

Looks like they want to be sure people don't interpret it that way. That's what they say they won't do. But so long as multiple parts of one order are found in one location, you'll get one package only from that location, and one from each other location filling your order, if you tick that box. I guess if you don't, they send each part in its own package. (Part meaning component type, either singly or in quantity). Best ask them though, if you find any other interpretation that makes sense. It might be more ambiguous than it looks to me, and you already saw it differently than I do.

Reply to
Lostgallifreyan

That's what it looks like to me. It only matters if something is backordered. In that case, you get a choice of send me what you have now and send the rest later as it comes in vs wait until everything is in and then send it.

--
These are my opinions, not necessarily my employer\'s.  I hate spam.
Reply to

It means a maximum of one shipment per warehouse. If the parts are stocked at different warehouses, you will get multiple shipments even if you check the box.

--
John
Reply to

Actually, we understood it the same way. I meant one shipment

*per warehouse*. As opposed to the most unfavourable case, several shipments per warehouse. Thanks !
--
André Majorel
"After 15 minutes, I wanted to marry her. After a half hour, I completely
gave up the idea of snatching her purse." -- _Take the Money and Run_
Reply to
Andre Majorel

Well they (vermason.co.uk) quoted me 40 GBP for shipping 100 GBP worth of not particularly heavy merchandise across the Chanel. Ouch ! At that price, I'm wondering if it's not actually more expensive to buy direct from them than through RS...

--
André Majorel
"After 15 minutes, I wanted to marry her. After a half hour, I completely
gave up the idea of snatching her purse." -- _Take the Money and Run_
Reply to
Andre Majorel

I run an electronics cart, and we would be very happy to get feed back on any ambiguity that affects sales. Try sending them an email, and ask them. Also suggest they may like to clarify the point on their web site.

Reading the replies in this thread, it simply means adding a simple sentence to clear this up.

But then some companies don't/won't change easily.

Cheers Don...

--
Don McKenzie

Site Map:            http://www.dontronics.com/sitemap
No More Damn Spam:   http://www.wizard-of-oz.com

http://www.dontronics-shop.com/super4-usb-relay-module.html
Reply to
Don McKenzie

Andre Majorel wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@atc5.vermine.org:

Yep, you did. :) Sorry. Misread that bit..

Reply to
Lostgallifreyan

Made a quick comparison and it looks like it's still cheaper, but not by a huge margin. And that's with the pound at near-parity with the euro.

Parcelfarce would have cost even more (46.50 GBP for one 5-kg parcel). Either I've spent too much time under a rock, or shipping costs have gone up *again*.

Merry Christmas, all.