chopamps

--
I guess the frownie is supposed to cleverly negate your claim?

Plus, if you haven't cut moo-metal (or cow-netic) and haven't suffered
the consequences, why are you even pretending that you know something
about it?

Oh, wait,  I know...

Clever devil that you are, you want to project an image of yourself
which is larger than life and casts you as the authority over whatever
happens to cross your path, yes?
Reply to
John Fields

Understood but by cutting it (with a circular/table) saw, you're not shocking the entire piece of metal, only the piece you're throwing away (as mudust) anyway. Dropping the metal will shock the entire slab.

Reply to
krw

No, you stupid putz, it was meant to show that I'm not happy about cutting the miter gauges.

About cutting metal on a table saw, yes, I do know something about it. Clearly you don't and are just looking for an argument.

No, you clearly don't know shit but pretend to be just so smart. It doesn't work.

You really are as stupid as you sound. Keep it up, people enjoy a good laugh.

Reply to
krw

Sure. I was talking about the edges. Normally if you can't do the H2 anneal yourself, you want to keep everything very flat and straight, then assemble a box with the mu metal pieces clamped tightly together.

Since I have no facilities for H2 annealing, if a Laird PCB shield isn't enough, my first instinct is to reach for mild steel. A couple of my customers in the semiconductor equipment space have problems with VFDs talking to their low-level circuitry, and mild steel helps a lot.

Mu metal does have its place, though.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant

160 North State Road #203
Briarcliff Manor NY 10510

hobbs at electrooptical dot net
http://electrooptical.net
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

On Fri, 31 Jul 2015 20:07:23 -0400, krw Gave us:

Each strike of the sawblade teeth renders quite a mechanical shock throughout the medium.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

Just how do you keep your perfect record, AlwaysWrong?

Reply to
krw

--
Well, if you don't know how to use a tool it's hardly the tool's
fault.

Except where you're concerned, of course, where none of your
"misfortune" is self-inflicted.
Reply to
John Fields

Looking at at the subject line "chopamps", I guess it must of been a mistake!

We must be talking about chopsaws!

btw, its common knowledge in the mechanical field to hit the brake drums/rotors with something like a hammer to remove the magnetic field, so that sensors that get bothered by this can operate.

Jamie

Reply to
M Philbrook

Opsaws.

lunatic fringe electronics

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

On Sat, 01 Aug 2015 12:32:28 -0700, John Larkin Gave us:

Yeah and with him it is dumbrotors and dumbdrums because nobody does that dumb shit he claims either. And I have turned several hundreds sets of drums and rotors, including full size trucks and even Caterpillar equipment. It was decades ago, but NOBODY, and I mean nobody was hitting them with a hammer to "remove magnetism".

A simple TV screen degaussing coil would work fine.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

Well then you're full of shit as usual. Why don't you stop spitting out what suggested via google and actually spit out real experience for once. Seen on TV, what a joke. Do you have much real life experience at all, or just hang here play that con artist game?

Jamie

Reply to
M Philbrook

On Sat, 1 Aug 2015 15:52:00 -0400, M Philbrook Gave us:

WTF are you spouting out of your ass about? I didn't get a goddamned thing off of google, you retarded f*ck.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

On Sat, 1 Aug 2015 15:52:00 -0400, M Philbrook Gave us:

I didn't say a goddamned thing about seeing something on TV either , dumbfuck. Wake up and smell your alzheimer's. Learn how to read while you are at it.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

As expected.

Reply to
M Philbrook

I read just fine, but your replies verifies my assumptions.

Thanks you for being so transparent.

Jamie

Reply to
M Philbrook

It was decades ago, but NOBODY, and I mean

So how did you verify that no one demagnetised anything by hitting them with a hammer? I would assume by what you said that you were able to observe everyone all the time. In other words you were omnipotent.

The fact is you can magnetise and demagnetise by hitting with a hammer.

Dan

Reply to
dcaster

The fact that you're too stupid to understand a simple statement isn't my fault.

Your stupidity is self inflicted. You must enjoy it because it's all you seem to do anymore.

Yes, Fields, we all know you're illiterate. You don't have to

*CONTINUOUSLY* prove that fact.

Good Lord, you're stupid.

You don't have to demonstrate that you're a liar anymore. You just proved it to anyone who can read.

No,you bloody fool. I can't make you stupid, only you can do that. You do a *fabulous* job of it, too. I just laugh at you while you do it.

Reply to
krw

On Sat, 1 Aug 2015 15:56:42 -0700 (PDT), " snipped-for-privacy@krl.org" Gave us:

Nobody in the automotive industry was doing it, which is what he said.. Learn to read.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

On Sat, 1 Aug 2015 15:56:42 -0700 (PDT), " snipped-for-privacy@krl.org" Gave us:

Now, you are just being retarded, like a troll.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

On Sat, 1 Aug 2015 15:56:42 -0700 (PDT), " snipped-for-privacy@krl.org" Gave us:

I didn't say that there was no effect. I said that no mechanics were doing it to rotors and drums. They get way too hot in normal use, and are not magnetized to start with as a result.