green rectangle

Amazing. I was sure theregister article was a spoof. Glad I sold my HP shares when I did.

Reply to
Clifford Heath

John Larkin Highland Technology, Inc picosecond timing precision measurement

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com

They probably paid some branding consulting firm a lot of money to come up with that lol

Reply to
bitrex

Possibly they started out asking the technical department for three red lines...

--

Rick
Reply to

Who is?

Reply to
Clifford Heath

Ah, a woman who appreciates ligatures, at least those of the typographic variety.

--sp

--
Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany

So much for the golden section. I scaled up the logo 4x and found that the outside was 718x205 pixels for a ratio of 3.50 instead of the required 1.61. Not even an integer multiple of 1.61, which would have been somewhat tolerable.

At least National Geographic did it right (near bottom of page):

Note that this is allegedly from April 2015 and includes the new logo:

The HP logo kinda looks like a coin slot.

--
Jeff Liebermann     jeffl@cruzio.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com