CD4060 oscillator, max resistor value

I do clean them, but I do it at least a dozen at a time. I use the air compressor to get the loose stuff out, then stand them almost vertical, (On the long end) and spray a fine mist of ammonia, followed by water to rinse the sticky crap out. Let them air dry for a few days, and keep the ones that work again.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

At worst I vacuum with a little specialty vacuum I have for PC's.

Spills are considered death and I toss.

I try to keep my wine on the writing desk, not the PC desk ;-)

...Jim Thompson

Or the keys won't go down all the way because of all the hair you've been pulling out.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

I like better keyboards than the free ones.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

We 2-finger typists aren't too particular ;-)

...Jim Thompson

No stash of spares here. I'm married ....

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com
Reply to
Joerg

They would have to be from the shepherd mix. Mine's already all pulled out ;-)

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com
Reply to
Joerg

No basement, eh?

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

Here's a calc for my keyboard repair:

Drive to store: 25 min. Time to find keyboard there: 5 min. Wait in cashier's line: 5 min. Drive back to office: 25 min. Grand Total ---> 60 min.

in contast to

Get Philips screwdriver from lab: 1 min. Take it all apart: 2 min. Step outside and shake coarse stuff out: 2 min. (make sure wife doesn't see that...) Hose it all off, scrub a bit where it's nasty: 10 min. Put it all back together: 10 min. Grand Total ---> 25 min.

Ok, method 2 doesn't include a few hours of drying time but my services are not needed for that, it all just sits there in the toasty garage while I work, walk the dogs, whatever.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com
Reply to
Joerg

Ain't nothing like an ice cold cerveza while doing Gerber checks :-)

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com
Reply to
Joerg

Open closet. Pick one off the top of the stack. Plug in.

...Jim Thompson

I'm not, and I have a 1200 Sq Ft. garage for a workshop, along with three spare bedrooms in the house. I also have a 12' * 28' storage building, and two 12' * 12' out buildings.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

I guess N. is more tolerant with respect to "packratism" than M. I would not get away with such a stack.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com
Reply to
Joerg

Nope. Houses in California rarely have basements. They also do not have attics, at least none where electrolytic capacitors inside keyboards would survive more than one summer.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com
Reply to
Joerg

Aw .... did ya hafta do that now?

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com
Reply to
Joerg

the

It's MY closet, in MY office ;-)

...Jim Thompson

the

There you go. I have two rooms (one big, one huge) that are 100% that way. They have doors, if anyone doesn't like the way they look. ;-)

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

the

M.'s point of view: OUR closet, OUR office :-)

The upside is that she cleans the office and the lab. I probably wouldn't do such a good job of it. Also, sometimes I have clients here so it can't be too messy or cluttered anyhow.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com
Reply to
Joerg

Ditto my garage. I have things stored out there that I just realized are probably permanently disabled! I know it can hit 130 in there...

Charlie

Reply to
Charlie Edmondson

It's not so bad. If the gear is of significant value it can often be restored by a blanket-swap of all electrolytics if it turns out that some have dried up. But that won't be economical for a keyboard that retails at $20.

My take is that if equipment cannot stand such exposure it wasn't good in the first place.