CAT Scan/Code Blue

They were afraid to upset cat lovers, so the call them "Chippers" and advertise them for getting rid of tree limbs, and branches. Nine lives, my ass! ;-)

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Hi Rich, I was being tongue in cheek, I know you said what you wanted to say. I was trying to pull your chain , push your button, yank your cord. Oh well, have a good day, post a new joke for us. Mike

Reply to
amdx

CT scanners (or CAT if you prefer) is something I've got a fair amount of experience with, having been working for the leading manufacturer of CT scanners for some 25 years+. Over that time I've not only done final test inspection in the factory, but I've done numerous installations at hospitals. While some of these hospitals were getting their first scanner, others were getting a second, or upgrading to a newer model while the old one was still in service. 've seen people getting wheeled in that were in actuallity already dead..or there was no hope, but to cover their butts, the ER has the ambo roll up to the CT scanner, they scan the injury and call code blue if the patient stops breathing, even if there is little or no intent/possibility of resussitation. One night as I was installing one, they rolled up and unloaded a small boy..about

9 or 10 years old would be my guess. He'd had his head run over by a car...he was still breathing, but there was not any real hope. He stopped breathing while on the CT table, and they called code blue. They worked on him for about 30-40 minutes.

These days CT scanners are used to image just about everything including the arteries of the heart, and if they are doing that, there is a possbility that, if they were using a contrast agent, the patient had a reaction to that agent, or the patient was in such bad shape that it was unaviodable at that point. CT scanners are no where near as claustrophobia inducing as an MRI as the "tube" gantry aperature) is much shorter, and usually much wider. The last time I had to have an MR scan taken, my shoulders were dragging on the inner edges of the bore as they slid me in..

Reply to
FtForger

Ah! I didn't get it, because you forgot the smiley. ;-) ;-)

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise