Strange SMD resistors code

Looking at a mobo, trying to reverse some bit of it, I just notices that the resistors values aren't noted following the ordinary 3 or 4 figures code, but rather 2 figures and one letter, like 93A, 30C, 01C, 07B...

A quick search didn't show anything.

Anyone have pointers to this?

--
Thanks,
Fred.

Looks like hex...

Reply to
Fred Bloggs

"Fred Bartoli = CRIMINAL ASSHOLE"

** FUCK OFF

- you pile of stinking

AUTISTIC FASCIST FROG SHIT

...... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

There's a standard set of 2-digit+1-letter codes that refer to values. Search for EIA-96. If that's right, your resistors are 90.9, 20.0k,

10.0k, 1.15k.
--
Ben Jackson AD7GD

http://www.ben.com/
Reply to
Ben Jackson

The codes on some resistors are rather like the codes on some ICs - they do not convey meaningful information about the value of the part. Those codes ring a bell and may be Vishay parts, so you might find the answer there.

Cheers

PeteS

Reply to
PeteS

Le Fri, 17 Aug 2007 15:12:18 -0500, Ben Jackson a écrit:

Thanks. Short after posting my question I've found some reference. It seems to be used manly on 1% 0603 where there's no room for four digits. Strange that I didn't notice it before.

--
Thanks,
Fred.

Snip

*** Exactly. I've seen them many times before.
Reply to
Jeff L