CAT Scan/Code Blue

You heard wrong. Its a cat SKINNER not scanner.

A vacuum is a hell of a lot better than some of the stuff that nature
replaces it with.       -- Tennessee Williams
Reply to
Paul Hovnanian P.E.

For some procedures, they use contrast enhancing dyes, introduced through an IV. Its possible that a small percentage of the population might react badly to whatever is in there.

Have a pleasant Terran revolution.
Reply to
Paul Hovnanian P.E.

Sheesh! What a bunch of girly-men! When I had my CAT scan, I was on my back, and it was just a ring around my head. Big deal. When I had my MRI, apparently it was only a partial, because the top half of me was sticking out, and there was a live monitor showing my insides, realtime, on the wall. I could flex my stomach and watch it move.

It was absolutely fascinating.

I wonder what would happen if you let a customer^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^Hpatient watch that kind of screen for a PET scan (i.e., brain activity scan)? Do you think we could come up with a new level of biofeedback? ;-)

But I would have no problem with being entirely enclosed by either, even face-down, if I had confidence that the people attending to the procedure didn't have intent to kill me. ;-)

I did decline the colonoscopy, however. ;-)

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Nah, just go down the barrio and pick up a little bota.

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise, Plainclothes Hippi

On Fri, 17 Nov 2006 20:36:32 +0000, Michael A. Terrell wrote: ...

Heh.

You antismokerists will go to any length to defend your faith from the facts, won't you?

Good Luck!

I'll bet a year's pay that you get cancer before I do.

Are you man enough to take that bet? (Just so you don't panic - last year I made about $3400.00. What do you make?)

Admittedly, since your lungs are so pure and pristine and have been absolved of their sin and all, your cancer will probably show up first in your prostate or colon.

But it will be _you_ who's lying there getting cut up and stuff, because you refuse to accept the fact that all cancer is caused by self-hatred, and I will not be able to collect on the bet because you will spend everything on medical care. Poor me. )-;

Good Luck! Rich

--
For more information, please feel free to visit http://www.godchannel.com
Reply to

Have you ever tried to clean up the mess that thing makes? Blood, hair and teeth all over the place. It kind of reminds you of a messy flame war. ;-)

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

CATscans can trigger precipitous patients into heart attacks and similar.

The presence of a "large ... family" also suggests to me that the patient was in an "at risk" condition prior to the scan. It's not as though it is a spectator event, so a large gathering is indicative of something.

Reply to
budgie

When I had an MRI a couple of years back, the pre-scan interrogation would have done the KGB proud. They even asked about a metal splinter that had been lodged in one eye several years earlier, and didn't trust me that (a) it had been aluminium, and (b) the local doc had definitely removed it. They arranged a pre-scan dye to check for ferrous residues - obviously in their paranoia they didn't want me to be stuck to their machine by my eyelid.

Reply to
budgie

Not even the pink clouds???

Reply to
Robert Baer

A very interesting idea onthe biofeedback! Has anyone tried that?

Reply to
Robert Baer

On Sat, 18 Nov 2006 09:43:42 +0800, budgie Gave us:

Good observations!

Reply to
JoeBloe

That's why they built a machine to do it. ;-)

On a clear disk, you can seek forever.
Reply to
Paul Hovnanian P.E.

Allergies to IVP radio-opaque Iodine based contrast media used during most CT Scans can induce anaphalatic (sp?) shock. Once I passed out and woke up to about 8 people in the room and a crash cart with the heart resuscitation paddles, and jelly all over my chest. For obvious reasons, they don't give me any contrast dye anymore for CT scans. MRI's give me tachycardia, I asked a tech last year and he said it was very common for the RF energy to do that - the magnetism is harmless though. Rob

Reply to
revjimjones

They always ask me if I'm allergic to _shellfish_

...Jim Thompson

Well, there have been "biofeedback" machines based on a simplified EEG, that controls a VCO or something, and you're supposed to be able to alter your brain waves by adjusting the tone, but that's just EEG electrodes - nothing as detailed as a PET scan.

I saw a thing recently where they were doing some kind of brain activity scan (It could have been PET, or it could have been some other kind of thing - I really don't know) and different patterns showed up when the person was lying.

Actually, that's kind of ominous.

Anyway, if anyone wants to do such a thing, we've got all of the talent in the world right here - all we'd need is a vulture capitalist! :-)

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Rich, I'm sure you meant Venture capitalist, as in someone that puts their money at risk by financing ventures that may not ever turn a profit. Ventures that would never have a chance of going to fruition without this venture capital. Mike PS. Hope I didn't sour you with the profit word.

Reply to
amdx

Biggest open line

"Yes, they were doing my head. Found nothing ... "

for a comic that I have seen this week ......

I can see Red Skelton laughing so hard -- he can't deliver the punch line ....

gb

Reply to
w9gb

[snip]

Actually they WERE closing a hole in my head ;-)

Carbuncle was drained in January, never closed, became infected. Calcification was the problem, so they opened a flap in scalp, scraped calcification away, closed. Looks good, the scar may not even be too bad.

...Jim Thompson

I had the pleasure of seeing Red Skelton to "Frogs" live. I still don't understand why i didn't blow all sphincters. Love a duck that man was funny, didn't need any swearing either.

--
 JosephKK
  --Schiller

Not at all - "vulture capitalist" is a play on words for "venture capitalist" - just try to deal with one sometime, and you'll see where that monicker came from. ;-)

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise