RF mixer diodes? HSMS-286R was axed :-(

Broadcom/Avago seems to have axed their whole HSMS series. One of the casualties is the HSMS-286R which I used on a design a while ago. What doesn't help is that Skyworks has also called off a number of mixer diodes.

Does anyone know alternatives? I am pretty sure that we can now forget finding anything in the SOT363-6 package so we are already bracing for having to do a board spin. Key is very low capacitance, 0.2-0.3pF at 0V. I am using this ring quad as a back to back limiter. Two in series up, two down, to drop capacitance some more and to not distort signals in the several hundred mV range.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

The BAT15 series is 0.35 pF max per diode. They come in all sorts of configs, singles and duals and ring quads.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Hard to say. The BAT15-02ELS was rated 0.23pF max, but there's no sign of any distributor inventory. We have BAT 15-02LRH E6327, but it's not clear what those are. The BAT15 series goes up as high as 0.5pF at 0V.

--
 Thanks,
    - Win

Thanks, John, will take a look. Their package isn't optimal for limiter applicatons because then the connection must be on one side so higher trace to trace and pin to pin capacitances. I'll see if they have a sim model which would be really required for this design. Main reason is that BW goes to 5GHz and signal integrity in the time domain is important.

Mouser has the ring quad but only the E-version and the datasheet doesn't say what this E-number means. I hope it just has to do with packaging (reel type and such).