Is this the utter lunacy it appears to be? Discuss... :)

Don't ask me how I bumped into those while Googling for a few bits of info on audio op-amps, I just wish I hadn't, and want to spread the pain. >:)

Reply to
Lostgallifreyan

  1. The AP THD meter has a floor of ~0.0008% THD for direct measurement. Hence all measurements in vicinity of 0.001% are going to be vastly inaccurate; unless with a special test setup using passive filters.

  2. The state of the art is ~0.00005% THD in the audible band. They claim
0.001% which is really not any distinguished result.

  1. Practicality: I am fine with 0.1% THD. However if somebody is willing to pay money for 0.0001%, I will be glad to provide them the opportunity.

Vladimir Vassilevsky

  1. The AP THD meter has a floor of ~0.0008% THD for direct measurement. Hence all measurements in vicinity of 0.001% are going to be vastly inaccurate; unless with a special test setup using passive filters.

  2. The state of the art is ~0.00005% THD in the audible band. They claim
0.001% which is really not any distinguished result.

  1. Practicality: I am fine with 0.1% THD. However if somebody is willing to pay money for 0.0001%, I will be glad to provide them the opportunity.

Vladimir Vassilevsky

Ian Bell wrote in news:i1fp4i$6u7$ snipped-for-privacy@localhost.localdomain:

I don't know who that is, but I notice they're in the same part of the world Ò^O Maybe they need a dose of Phil Allisons's methods of correction to stun them into a bit of technical rigour. He might be able to reach them better than most can. :)

Reply to
Lostgallifreyan

George Herold wrote in news:f992e68a-dd73-43af-a809- snipped-for-privacy@b35g2000yqi.googlegroups.com:

Nice. For these things I think I need to wire my brain into some kind of hypersensitive bridge and a centred analog meter movement with a scale that has 'Laugh' written on one end, and 'Cry' on the other.

Reply to
Lostgallifreyan