BGA question

I was just getting at the fact that the solder would provide more structural stability than a non-firm under chip injection or encapsulation would, which means it would add very little.

Firmer potting media has the disadvantage of typically having different thermal expansion/contraction characteristics than what is being fixtured.

Staking methods can work well, because there is typically a gap so expansion would not impose the same pressures/forces.

My can-it suggestion works well, because the interface media is thin (

Reply to
Archimedes' Lever

Not that anything you said was wrong, but it is pretty easy to break the yolk in an egg without disturbing the shell.

Reply to
Capt. Cave Man

"suspension medium" seems a more correct, more appropriate term.

Reply to
Capt. Cave Man

Thats weird. I suspect the soldering isn't right. If you would have such issues, large and heavy parts like electrolitics and connectors should fall of the PCB as well.

nico@nctdevpuntnl (punt=.)
Nico Coesel