BGA substitute

Hi All, I was wondering if there is any alternative to BGA type connector? Bridging is our main problem after placement and reflow. Thanks, nattar

Reply to
nattar

Change your attachment process whatever it is. After number of failed attachments done by one previously reliable assembly house I switched to another. Problems went away.

--

    Boris Mohar
Reply to

The problem should not be the BGA, but in the process and preparation.

There is a temperature and duration needed to properly apply the BGA, it takes some trial and error with samples, based on the type of BGA package and the circuit board and its thickness.

The technology is solid, so it should work.

The alternative is the BGA socket, but then the device may not perform right at high speeds.

Reply to
Bradley1234