BGA

This BGA pcb sort of thing is impressive.

12, maybe 14 layers and phenomenal traces/spaces.

--

John Larkin Highland Technology Inc

jlarkin at highlandtechnology dot com

Precision electronic instrumentation Picosecond-resolution Digital Delay and Pulse generators Custom timing and laser controllers Photonics and fiberoptic TTL data links VME analog, thermocouple, LVDT, synchro, tachometer Multichannel arbitrary waveform generators

wow, I see three tracks between balls, it's gotta be something like

1mil trace/space

-Lasse

Reply to
langwadt

Wow, I see 6, maybe 7. ( Just North-North-East of the lighter area near the lower left corner, picture 7 )

-- Roberto Waltman

[ Please reply to the group, return address is invalid ]
Reply to
Roberto Waltman

This chip also has internal bypass caps... somewhere.

jlarkin at highlandtechnology dot com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Precision electronic instrumentation
Custom laser drivers and controllers
Photonics and fiberoptic TTL data links

Probably potted in the epoxy on top. 0201 capacitors are tiny enough.

nico@nctdevpuntnl (punt=.)
Nico Coesel

What does it go for?

zero, and remove the last word.
Reply to
Tom Del Rosso

The Arria II GX95 version is about $850 each. 780 balls.

--

John Larkin Highland Technology Inc

jlarkin at highlandtechnology dot com

Precision electronic instrumentation Picosecond-resolution Digital Delay and Pulse generators Custom timing and laser controllers Photonics and fiberoptic TTL data links VME analog, thermocouple, LVDT, synchro, tachometer Multichannel arbitrary waveform generators

John,

Do you know dropbox can open you up to some very serious security issues that Chinese hackers are actively exploiting?

David Eather

You'd need 780 balls to put something that expensive in a design. :)

sorry couldn't resist...

Reply to
mook johnson

hard to tell if it is 7 tracks, or 3 tracks and 4 spaces

-Lasse

Reply to
langwadt

Actually it's consistent with high-end CPU's that are made in much larger volumes.

zero, and remove the last word.
Reply to
Tom Del Rosso

A few years ago, the Virtex parts I was using were $3800 each. I thought that ridiculous, until someone told me that the three CCDs, in front of one, were $5K each and the prism in front of those was $45K. That was only one of the parts (no idea how much the FLIR FPAs cost). Your tax dollars at work. ;-)

;-)

Reply to
krw

I've heard of high-end FPGAs listing for $12K. I saw a board at a trade show, part of a logic simulator, that had 64 FPGAs at $3K each. A typical simulator had five boards or some such.

Precision electronic instrumentation
Custom timing and laser controllers
Photonics and fiberoptic TTL data links

This is the most expensive one that Digikey shows in stock (6 pcs) atm:

1932 balls. They list a few more at $22K+ each.

One or two of them equals the price of a foreclosure home in some areas.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

It's amazing they stock them at all. They couldn't be blamed for shipping those straight from the manufacturer.

zero, and remove the last word.
Reply to
Tom Del Rosso

I wonder who exactly owns such stock, even if Digikey maintains physical posession of it.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

Good point. I doubt that anyone actually pays that price for them, either. Those big enough to buy such things undoubtedly get a better deal.

Reply to
krw

Spehro Pefhany a écrit :

that

Oh, I like the pricing $18,389.99!

$18389.99 instead of $18390 really make it look less expensive :-)

--
Thanks,
Fred.