BGA Flash chip question

I have a 48-ball BGA flash chip that I'd like to read the data off of. Are there other ways of doing this besides buying an expensive device programmer? I tried seraching google and didn't have a lot of luck on finding anything. If anyone has any ideas on how this can be done please let me know. Thanks!

-=PJ=-

Reply to
Paul

Hi!

You could sent it to someone who could read the data for you, or you could build your own reader - I built a reader to crack secured PALs, but it could easily read EPROMs or Flash:

You would just need to expand the number of output address lines from 10 to.....whatever you need! And, you wouldn't need the ADC either, just read the data from the flash straight back into the computer.

Yours, Mark.

Paul wrote:

Reply to
Mark (UK)