BGA in PCB

has anyone used PCB to layout boards with BGA footprints ? I would like to mount a fine pitch (0.8mm) BGA packagae and before I go off building footprints, I though I would check to if anyone had done this and what there experiences were.

see ya, -ingo

--
/* Ingo Cyliax, cyliax@ezcomm.com, Tel: 812-391-0895 */
Reply to

: has anyone used PCB to layout boards with BGA footprints ? I would : like to mount a fine pitch (0.8mm) BGA packagae and before I go off : building footprints, I though I would check to if anyone had done : this and what there experiences were.

If you are referring to the Linux-based, open-source program "PCB", you might want to post your query to the gEDA-user list:

Lots of folks there have used PCB for this kind of work, and would be well positioned to help you.

(I'd help you myself, but haven't used PCB to do BGA stuff.)

If you are not referring to the open-source program, then please ignore my post! :-)

Stuart

Reply to
Stuart Brorson

What tool are you using? Here is a link example:

...richard

Reply to
richard

I'm using the freely available program PCB by Nau/Eaton. I'm primarily interested in whether someone has already some BGA footprints for it. More broadly, I'm also curious if someone has done assembly of BGA with PCB based boards.

See ya, -ingo

--
/* Ingo Cyliax, cyliax@ezcomm.com, Tel: 812-391-0895 */
Reply to
Ingo Cyliax

Greetings,

offers the following services:

  • Custom/prototype PCB's made to order (Yawn )
  • Free software for PCB design (Humm... )
  • Assembly of PCBs they make (!!!)

If you're worried about soldering a BGA, perhaps you might want to out-source the work?

N.B. I have observed the growth of

and
(different branches of the same company) with great interest. This is my only connection with the/either concern. The above was for your information; it was NOT a recommendation!!!

Cordially, Richard Kanarek

Reply to
Richard Kanarek