Beware the heat

Start to do a rack of lamb on the barby... it runs out of gas while warming up.

Lean over, switch tanks, at 115°F, feels like my nose is running... it's running alright... blood :-(

Guess I have to watch the heat. I haven't had a nose bleed like that since I was a kid. ...Jim Thompson

Jim Thompson wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Dry heat does that? Yeesh. Stay hydrated, eh?

--Damon

Reply to
Damon Hill

Hi Jim, I had the same problem about a month ago. We had just bought that little evap. cooler, and I had it in my office. It got too cold, so I shut it off, and then moved it out. The next day, I was just sitting at the computer, and felt my nose running... bright red! Took me a while to get it to stop.

Then, that night, in the shower, wiped my face, and it started again! I must have had a really weak blood vessel in there. Finally got it to stop when I got out.

Next morning, got up, washed my face, and Blam! there it went again. I took it really, really easy washing my face for the next few days, and it hasn't recurred, but it sure had Pam worried there...

Charlie

Reply to
Charlie E.

I've not had that issue. My engineering mind reversed back thru all the history prior to the nosebleed... and caught a no-no... don't double-up on the Zyrtec when you're having sneezing fits :-( ...Jim Thompson

Obama isn't going to raise your taxes...it's Bush' fault:  Not re-
newing the Bush tax cuts will increase the bottom tier rate by 50%

maybe you should have your blood pressure checked! sounds like the relief valve kicked in!

Reply to
Jamie

Oh, yeah! Those sinus drugs really dry out the old mucous membranes, and make them vulnerable to this stuff. I had a similiar problem years ago when I used nose sprays for about a week...

Charlie

Reply to
Charlie E.

No, it was going from cold and moist to hot and dry in a single day...

Reply to
Charlie E.