Who says 555 projects can't be awesome?

On a sunny day (Thu, 30 Jun 2011 15:22:57 +0100) it happened "Steve Sousa" wrote in :

Well it is lead free.

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

Makes about as much sense as the average 555 project.

John

Now that is a useful application for a 555-like device.

--
Bill Sloman, Nijmegen
Reply to

--- Yeah, right.

If it's not something you'd like to or could do, and it gives anyone else pleasure to do it, and they do it well, you always have to try to demean them in order to bring them down to your level of misery and cut their wings off.

You're one sick puppy, Larkin, and, unless you fix it, you'll regret it on your deathbed.

-- JF

Reply to
John Fields

A lot of people won't regret it ;-)

Interesting! I'll think I'll make an MC1530 (*) equivalent ;-)

My very first chip design... still sold by the way... by Lansdale. ...Jim Thompson

Interesting. That one Op_amp would do the job of a analog PID controller like we use at work where all 4 op's in a LM324 are used to do the same.

With the Lag and Lead options you would get your (I) and (D) components and the gain (P) would simply be the feed back selection for gain.. Of course the ones we use at work have a pair of back to back zeners to clamp the feed back which prevents anything over 10 V output, since the rails are 15 VOlt supplies. I suppose the same could also be done with single stage of the MC1530

I am sure there are others out there with lead and lag compensation options, I haven't really had the need to look! Jamie

Reply to
Jamie

On a sunny day (Thu, 30 Jun 2011 17:15:07 -0500) it happened John Fields wrote in :

Well, religious fanaticism popping up here?

This week I was considering a new April one posting to Usenet[1], crossposted to multiple groups, especially the religious ones mind you: "NÃSA Paradise spacecraft has travelled through the gates of heaven, and took the first pictures of God. Please stand by as NÃSA will transmit the first pictures live, due to the great distance the first pictures are expected to arrive around

23:59 March 31 2012." Provide a link to some URL with a pictures of 'waiting for connection', that changes to 'April fools' on April one.

I mean, everybody is free to have / suffer his / her own religious beliefs, but to couple it to a 555 timer???????

[1] If it still exists by then, my older one was "LIGO detected gravity waves", but then LIGO did that on themselves last year (their accountability secret program inserted some data to see if they would detect it, they did, must have been shockingly disappointing for them when they were told they were being tested).

WHOT CAN I SAY?

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

Awesome.

PLSI !

(Plywood Level Scale Integration)

(I did spend five minutes pondering how to make a chip appropriate for that package, with 555 functionality. You know, IC scaling in the opposite direction and then some! It would certainly give new meaning to the term "wafer scale integration.")

-- Silvar Beitel

Reply to
Silvar Beitel

Just build the equivalent circuit inside, using TO3 transistors and wirewound resistors.

John

Nah, TO-5s or TO-39s should be fine, but for the external circuit you have to wrap your own capacitors with aluminum foil and wax paper. ;-)

Cheers!

Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

A 555 itself shouldn't need caps. Those connect to the pins, external to the chip/footstool. You could build a light blinker that covers most of a room.

John

"Steve Sousa" schreef in bericht news:4e0c86c8$0$2631$ snipped-for-privacy@auth.newsreader.octanews.com...

I'm waiting for the counterfeits to appear :)

petrus bitbyter

Reply to
petrus bitbyter

How about a Xilinx BGA sofa?

John

Too deep.

Reply to
krw

How about vacuum tubes?

Reply to
Pimpom

Yeah - like I said, "for the external circuit"...

You need to learn to read better.

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise