Avian branch of the Apostrophe police.

See post of the same name on abse - my wife had her camera in her hand, deep in darkest rural Germany.

--
Bill Sloman, Nijmegen
Reply to

Good one.

Reply to
Fred Bloggs

Yabbut, is it "right"? I don't know any German, except maybe "gesundheit." ;-)

Thanks, Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Trust my wife - her undergraduate degree was a double major in German and psychology, and she's now a hot-shot expert in psycholinguistics.

--
Bill Sloman, Nijmegen
Reply to

Gummi Klinkeren Ja!

Reply to
ian field

deep

;-)

Although taking German for 3 years at school, the words still remorslessly etched in memory are those from being a kid and reading too many war action comics i.e ... Schweinhund, himmel, SS, achtung, englander, tommy, donner unt blitzen, obersturmbannfuhrer, Schmiesser MP40. :) (Oddly and in contrast with todays PC revisionist viewpoints, the German forces were always portrayed as a 'worthy' enemy and in a sympathetic and honourable light. ) john

Reply to
John Jardine.