Sandia National Laboratories CA USA
crcarle@sandia.gov -- NOTE: Remove "BOGUS" from email address to reply.
Reply to
Chris Carlen

I bet their target customer is NASA.

-eric

Reply to
eric

But they have "clarity, detail, finesse and the explosive dynamics". It must be true - it says so in the advert.

I think maybe I will offer them $20,000 for one - it has to be worth it!

Pearce Consulting

Don Pearce

Idiocy!

Reply to
Robert Baer

Cool... cathodic protection in an audio cable! I think I'll get a bunch of these for speakers on my deck... it gets damp there.

There seems to be a trend for battery-powered cables.

John

I havent seen any audiophoole sites mentioned here recently so:

7600$ buys 8 foot of speaker cable.

suckers!

martin

Serious error. All shortcuts have disappeared. Screen. Mind. Both are blank.

Reply to
martin griffith

It doesn't say they have sold any of this cable yet and I doubt they will, unless one of the High-End mags recommends it. Ask John Atkinson of Stereophile at rec.audio.high-end He gets a lot of feedback for recommending Shakti-Stones, mains-cables, vibration control devices and other unscientific overpriced accessories. Only if you belong to the newly rich category, you can afford this stuff, and it won't hurt you either financially. If you want to impress the simple in minds, you have to pay the price.

--
ciao Ban
Bordighera, Italy

Well if you're going to get a set of those cables you'd do rather well to get a few sets of these puppies to compliment them.

I found one good thing on their site, on the "about us" page:

"Nobody else in this business offers quite the selection we do! Nobody!"

....WHEW~ Promise? Sadly I'm sure it's a lie though.

Reply to
classd101

Absolutely.

People still think that silver is expensive. It used to be, but has declined slowly over time.

Bullion price is about 5 US dollars an ounce, so $7600 should buy about 95 pounds of silver.

Enough for two 8-foot rods of silver 3.28 cm (1.29") in diameter!

Or four 8-foot conductors, each 2.32 cm (0.85") diameter

I suspect the conductors in that cable are barely a tenth of that diameter, and thus a hundredth of the mass, so $76 of silver and $7524 of sales bullshit...

I worked for a respectable hi-fi company once, and we saw that people bought cables for 10% of the cost of the electronics they connected. Given the fact that cables require a tiny fraction of the skill/labour/materials to produce, we bought a cable-making company. We'd have been fools not to.

Reply to
Kryten

Here's another one I found on the same site:

Not so expensive, but the technology is more amusing.

Leon

--
Leon Heller, G1HSM
http://www.geocities.com/leon_heller

"martin griffith" wrote

Hmph. The 24 volt cable has a much whiter clarity:

an absolute steal at $10,400 for 8 feet

Is there anything that can top this for sheer stupidity/dollar?

--
Nicholas O. Lindan, Cleveland, Ohio
Consulting Engineer:  Electronics; Informatics; Photonics.

google sez:

$24,000 for 8 feet.

This is worth a look just for the chutzpa of the ad copy.

-- Nicholas O. Lindan, Cleveland, Ohio Consulting Engineer: Electronics; Informatics; Photonics. Remove spaces etc. to reply: n o lindan at net com dot com psst.. want to buy an f-stop timer? nolindan.com/da/fstop/

Reply to
Nicholas O. Lindan

BUT

In space they* can't hear you scream. Hifi in a vacuum, then you wont hear the doppler distortion from your speakers

  • never figured out who "they" are

martin

Serious error. All shortcuts have disappeared. Screen. Mind. Both are blank.

Reply to
martin griffith

"In space No-one can hear you scream."

Which is absolutely correct.

Steve

Reply to
Steve Taylor

"Cheeta." Now THAT'S what I'm talking about!

Reply to
Mike

Nobody said they didn't work. If you hook them up between your amplifier and your speakers, sound comes out.

Reply to
Richard Henry

martin griffith to stdout:

I am using those cables... they can turn crap music into GOLD!

Once, this audiophile stuff was featured on one of the most important magazines here from Brazil, on an article about audiophilia (?... the "disease" of audiophiles), was claimed that those cables really worked.

[]s
--
Chaos Master®, posting from Canoas, Brazil - 29.55° S / 51.11° W

"Sing what you can't say / forget what you can't play
 Hasten to drown into beautiful eyes / Walk within my poetry, this dying
music"
                 - My loveletter to nobody

My e-mail address is renanDOTbirckATgmailDOTcom [DOT=. AT=@].
DON'T SPAM IT. REPLY TO NEWS UNLESS I ASK YOU TO REPLY BY MAIL
UNWANTED REPLIES = PLONK TO WHO SENT THEM.
Reply to
Chaos Master

really

amplifier

Kindly cite any measurable quality of sound that these devices claim to improve.

Reply to
Richard Henry

Richard Henry to stdout:

I didn't explain correctly.

Where I wrote 'worked', read 'worked to improve the sound quality'

--
Chaos Master®, posting from Canoas, Brazil - 29.55° S / 51.11° W

"Sing what you can't say / forget what you can't play
 Hasten to drown into beautiful eyes / Walk within my poetry, this dying
music"
                 - My loveletter to nobody

My e-mail address is renanDOTbirckATgmailDOTcom [DOT=. AT=@].
DON'T SPAM IT. REPLY TO NEWS UNLESS I ASK YOU TO REPLY BY MAIL
UNWANTED REPLIES = PLONK TO WHO SENT THEM.
Reply to
Chaos Master

Richard Henry to stdout:

I don't know. I have never tried one.