AT&T DumVerse

If I recall correctly, the FCC changed the rules slightly a few years ago. It's now permissible for an installer/maintainer to replace an OEM antenna, by another antenna which has a similar pattern and equal or lesser gain... the new antenna does not have to be formally certificated along with the radio.

Manufacturers are supposed to provide information about the highest antenna gain with which the radio/system has been certificated, and suitable replacement antennas, so that installers/maintainers can know which antennas are legal to use with the radio.

The rule change I was thinking of, was made in 2004:

15.204 was changed to read (in part):

(4) Any antenna that is of the same type and of equal or less directional gain as an antenna that is authorized with the intentional radiator may be marketed with, and used with, that intentional radiator. No retesting of this system configuration is required. The marketing or use of a system configuration that employs an antenna of a different type, or that operates at a higher gain, than the antenna authorized with the intentional radiator is not permitted unless the procedures specified in Section 2.1043 of this chapter are followed. They did not remove the "unique connector" requirement in 15.203.

Dave Platt

!

-manufacturers is told by fcc that they need to use a non standard connector for antennas

-manufacturers get approval to use e.g. RP-SMA

-Radio Shack etc. start selling RP-SMA converters and antennas because that is what customers ask for

-Lasse

Reply to
langwadt

He should be. He cleans enough toilets every day.

Reply to
krw

On 8/14, you said

"Folks in the Phoenix area are invited to come by (*), and I'll show how easy it is to do. But I'll never post it here. I want everyone to observe how profoundly ignorant Larkin is ;-)"

so it sure looked like you were claiming that you could design a current source. My apologies for making that assumption; you obviously can't.

Precision electronic instrumentation
Custom timing and laser controllers
Photonics and fiberoptic TTL data links

About as rare as HN connectors?

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

The invite still stands.

I thought you said you were going to post your "ideas"?

You're not going to do that. You're a liar and a cheat and have been exposed.

I think you're a sawed-off runt with a Napoleonic complex, exactly like your friends describe you. ...Jim Thompson

It looks like there are three wired outlets somewhere in the condo. There is a small patchbay at the top, with three lines going to the router.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

What are they invited to see? Certainly not a curent source design, because you now deny having one. You keep making claims, but you never prove any of it. I think you're obsolete.

I've poated several already; you have posted nothing.

I have a couple of new ones, and I said I'd post them. I will, some day soon.

Same thing you said about my patent. You were flat wrong.

Precision electronic instrumentation
Custom timing and laser controllers
Photonics and fiberoptic TTL data links

It is bullshit because makers DID sell units which WERE able to be altered, and makers ALSO provided aftermarket high gain antennas for this very purpose.

You are a goddamned retard. As expected? No. You are a retard as evidenced by everything you spew forth with.

Go ahead and give the group some more evidence of your utter stupidity.

Reply to
FatBytestard

They were not Radio Shack branded items, dufus.

But yes... I agree for the most part.

However, and old ten transistor Rat Shack AM Radio from 1971 is now worth about $250.

You are aware that they are just another retailer now, right?

Reply to
FatBytestard

Retake your English course.

Manufacturers can use whatever they want. Selling what they make here legally is a different story.

You are an idiot.

No. They sold them because there was a market for aftermarket high gain router antennas, and they jumped onto the profit bandwagon.

They OBSERVED the market. It had nothing to do with customers asking for them.

Reply to
FatBytestard

All you have to do is put in an order with Pasternack, etc.

You have been out of the loop for too long.

I work with Ku band on a daily basis.

Reply to
FatBytestard

Or any Amphenol distributor:

Amphenol doesn't make RP-Type"N" connectors.

I work solo on the piano and synethesizer. Never heard of the Ku Band. Are they a new rock band or something else?

--
Jeff Liebermann     jeffl@cruzio.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com

Pasternack stuff is mostly junk.

I still have a few new ones, but when I needed them 25 years ago, no one had them in stock. I finally located some surplus. It was never a common connector.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

12 to 18 GHz Kµ band.

Lots of LMR 400 hard line and "N" connectors.

Lots of small stuff and SMA as well.

Reply to
FatBytestard

Terrell proves yet again just how much of an utter retard he is.

30,000 products. Been around since '72.

Damned shame is that you have been too.

Since you are more than mostly junk.

Reply to
Dread Pirate Roberts

My router works ok. It is their POS DVRs that won't last 2 weeks. They always seem to fail when trying to update the code in them. They have a slug of them on the tech's trucks that are marginal at best, instead of shoving them up the vendor's ass rather than try to recycle them to other customers.

?-((

Reply to
josephkk

They used to send us a bundle of 100 catalogs at microdyne. They made the mistake of buying a few connectors made by Pasternack, and imedieatly blacxklisted them as a vendor. They used to spam usenet, as well. The true mark of a fine company, dimmie.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Pasternack was blacklisted at IBM as well, but more for their Maximesque delivery problems than for poor quality.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant

160 North State Road #203
Briarcliff Manor NY 10510
845-480-2058

hobbs at electrooptical dot net
http://electrooptical.net
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

If they hired you, they can't be that great of a company.

Did they learn their retarded "filter mentality" from you, dumbfuck?

You are full of shit. AND if one of their sales dorks did that, it was very likely an individual sale retard thing, not a corporate level thing. You are pathetic and stupid in your analyses.

Yeah, sure. A dumbfuck like you knows all about "true marks". You are pathetic and everything you jack off at the mouth about in this group proves that further.

Reply to
Dread Pirate Roberts