"F"-ing lemo connector.

I've got this ultrasonic transducer with a Lemo connector on the end. (As far as I can determine it's from the lemo 1D series.) I'd like to get the signal into the BNC 'world'. I was unable to find an adapter (lemo 1D series to ..anything else..) So I figured I'd just order the female panel mount and make my own. Part number ERN.1D.694.CNA So any clues on where I might buy one of these. (Mouser has zero in stock for ~$50 each!)

Thanks

George H.

Reply to
George Herold

The Lemo connectors look and feel like Swiss watches, and so do they also cost.

--

Tauno Voipio
Reply to

Request a quote from Lemo?

JF
Reply to
John Fields

Thanks, I just cut the cable and crimped a BNC connector on to it. If I need to I'll put a female BNC on the old connector end and can then butt them back together.

I remember this Camac crate from back in the dark ages (grad school) that had a bunch of these mini lemo connectors. The lemo patch cables cost almost as much as the electronics.

George H.

Reply to
George Herold

The Lemo stuff is good, but pricey.

There are some "compatibles" out there, but through distribution they are only about 20% cheaper than the real thing, so hardly worth any risk. I got a few to see if they had better magnetic characteristics than the real Lemos.

Reply to
Spehro Pefhany

lists that part but says call for availability, price should be under $40 but min order is 10. Nothing at allied, sager, avnet. Call LEMO and ask for a sample.

I've got this ultrasonic transducer with a Lemo connector on the end. (As far as I can determine it's from the lemo 1D series.) I'd like to get the signal into the BNC 'world'. I was unable to find an adapter (lemo 1D series to ..anything else..) So I figured I'd just order the female panel mount and make my own. Part number ERN.1D.694.CNA So any clues on where I might buy one of these. (Mouser has zero in stock for ~$50 each!)

Thanks

George H.

Reply to
Carl Ijames

ld

Call

Oh, Duh! I'll have the people who make the transducer send us a panel mount connector. They'll get'em in bulk.

Thanks,

George H.

Reply to
George Herold

Don't you feel really good when you hear the connector click?

I was in a surplus shop one day and saw they had a bin labeled 8-pin microphone connectors at a $1 each. They were 8 pin LEMOs. Like I needed a bunch of 8 pins LEMOs, but yeah, I wiped them out for yucks.

Reply to
miso

Maybe this:

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

BUY??? What sane person wants to BUY one (or a few) of anything? Write Lemo using letterhead for a SAMPLE..

Reply to
Robert Baer

Yeah lovely connector, but no stock and high price.

George H.

Reply to
George Herold

Thanks Michael, I need the other sex of lemo.. and not clear at all that it's the right series... I've patched something together for the moment.

George H.

Reply to
George Herold

Well sure given lots of time. I was hoping to just get something in and be done in a few days. Time is money.

George H.

Reply to
George Herold