What is this called?

This attachment allows a cable to pass through a panel, and clamp the
cable into position.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6oqur05lcxkj8rn/T_cOutside.jpg?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/l5fgijlnfa9rnzw/T_cInside.jpg?dl=0

I know I bought it from an ordinary outlet, but I cannot for the life of
me remember what it's called.

Any ideas?

Sylvia.

Re: What is this called?
Gland.

Tim

--
Seven Transistor Labs, LLC
Re: What is this called?

Of course it is. Yet somehow how I couldn't remember that all day. Must
be getting old.

Thanks.

Sylvia.

Re: What is this called?
Sylvia Else wrote...

 My pet peeve is, you can't find glands for
 really small-diameter cables.  We're forced
 to add a heat-shrink layer or two, and the
 whole thing with its nut, etc., ends up way
 too large.

--
 Thanks,
    - Win

Re: What is this called?
@drn.newsguy.com:

  Find and get and use "Pneumatic" tubing fittings.  Way more
expensive and usually made of brass, but plenty of plastic versions
too.

  But wait!  Allied rules!

<https://www.alliedelec.com/product/lapp-group/s2107/70123701/

Re: What is this called?
snipped-for-privacy@decadence.org wrote...

 Yep, way too large.

--
 Thanks,
    - Win

Re: What is this called?

This one is smaller:
<https://www.newark.com/lapp-kabel/53111100/cable-gland-nylon-5mm-m12-x-1/dp/26M7506>
<http://www.farnell.com/datasheets/2124455.pdf

More smaller:
<https://www.mcmaster.com/8183k5
Click on part number for drawings.

Which dimension do you consider to be too large?  Hole size? Diameter?
Thread?

Re: What is this called?

  A quarter inch! ?  Oh, yo are talking about the fitting itself
being to big a profile on one or the other or both sides of the
barrier.

  Then you should simply use the capacitor EMI shielded pass thru
parts!

<https://www.rf-microwave.com/en/tusonix/2499-003-x7r0-101m/feed-
through-capacitor/cp-d02/>

  Very expensive from that guy though!

Re: What is this called?
Electric wholesaler or jaycar

Re: What is this called?

  A strain relief.  But the type you posted a pic of is a watertight
variety.

  So...  an IP 67 or an IP 68 Strain relief / pass thru / gland.

<https://www.hawkusa.com/manufacturers/altech/connectors/cable-
gland/5308-921>

Re: What is this called?

Pick one from each column:
   cable          gland
   cord           feedthrough
   wire           grip
   bundle         retainer
   tubing         strain relief
   power entry    bushing

As far as I can tell from random searching, most every combination is
in use by at least one company or organization.

Also known as a "connector eliminator" by cost cutting and design
review committees.

Re: What is this called?

Since Phil revealed that you're a naturist, the guys in this group are
all over you.

Re: What is this called?

Most people here have probably already seen a female body. Some will
drool and leer anyhow. She's a better engineer than Phil, or probably
than you.

Is your name really Corvod? Sounds Irish.

Science teaches us to doubt.

Re: What is this called?

Well then, you should have followed up Phil's post with that! He doesn't
frighten you, does he?

Don't tell me, tell Phil.

Re: What is this called?

Post something about electronics and we'll see.

Science teaches us to doubt.

Re: What is this called?
They can drool all they want, but I rather suspect that what they
imagining is substantially better than the reality.

Sylvia.

Re: What is this called?

Most people look better with their clothes on. I sure do.

I just had a home-made haircolor and haircut job; with salons closed,
we are reduced to such desperate acts. It came out a little better
than, say, a home-made kidney transplant. I guess.

People will tolerate a lot, but they won't tolerate getting much
greyer or much shaggier.

Science teaches us to doubt.

Re: What is this called?

Which is a shame when the alternative could be much much worse.
--
Shaun.

Re: What is this called?
On Tue, 5 May 2020 15:40:23 +1200, ~misfit~

Why wear a mask when you can just put a bag on your head?

Science teaches us to doubt.

Re: What is this called?

Never went grey as such, hair fell out instead - shortcut the system.

I would love it if my hair went *shaggy*. I guess it all depends on your
perspective.

--

Xeno