LOUD POP coming from one of my AV components

Hello,

I need some help determining where a LOUD POP noise is coming from. While listening to some music last night I heard a LOUD POP coming from one of my AV components. (To intermittent to trace) The POP was so loud that it startled me so I turned everything off only to hear it again about 3:00am while sleeping. (Even while they were powered off!!) Does anyone have any idea what the heck is causing this?

PS: Everything appears to be still working...

Thanks, V

Take all the components out of the rack and look at the power cords and outlets, you should find some smoke tracks. It sounds like a dried out power cord has an intermittent short.

Reply to
att

Have you considered playing jazz or classical?

Reply to
William Sommerwerck

GOOD ONE!

Thanks I found out that there is a known issue with the Direct TV HD21 receiver and the Sharp Auqos when connected with an HDMI cable.

Even when they are powered off?

Reply to
greenpjs

Thanks I found out that there is a known issue with the Direct TV HD21 receiver and the Sharp Auqos when connected with an HDMI cable

Sounds a bit strange to me.. The fact that its powered off and popping would be bothering me.

Reply to
Michael Kennedy

Remember that any piece of equipment that uses a remote is not entirely off when you turn it off. There is always some circuitry that is still on so that the remote can turn the rest of the box on to full power.

I don't have a clue as to if this has any relation to the OP's query.

Charlie

Reply to
Charlie